The Student Room Group

Recommendations

I am going to teach myself A-level Physics - can anyone recommend any textbooks, websites, or other resources that helped them? Preferably for AQA, but anything is helpful!

I am confident I can learn the content I'm just not quite sure where to start!
Original post by harrystylesfan
I am going to teach myself A-level Physics - can anyone recommend any textbooks, websites, or other resources that helped them? Preferably for AQA, but anything is helpful!

I am confident I can learn the content I'm just not quite sure where to start!

a level physics online (website), i guess the aqa textbooks, MIT OpenCourseWare actually helped with mechanics to some extent (8.01), PMT, SaveYourExams etc.
Perhaps getting A, or at least B. In mid 2022 (started really pushing hard in 2022) perhaps was up to B in whole physics A level, so y'know I slacked off way too much.

So thaat's where to start, now get going and stop procrastinating! Procrastinating etc. may have prevented me from getting all A* in a levels. Which is a bummer but as long as my grades are overall stroong I'll move forward.

Why are you teaching yourself A-level physics?
Original post by justlearning1469
a level physics online (website), i guess the aqa textbooks, MIT OpenCourseWare actually helped with mechanics to some extent (8.01), PMT, SaveYourExams etc.
Perhaps getting A, or at least B. In mid 2022 (started really pushing hard in 2022) perhaps was up to B in whole physics A level, so y'know I slacked off way too much.

So thaat's where to start, now get going and stop procrastinating! Procrastinating etc. may have prevented me from getting all A* in a levels. Which is a bummer but as long as my grades are overall stroong I'll move forward.

Why are you teaching yourself A-level physics?

Thank you so much!

Mostly for fun haha - went to uni for a year for maths and found I much preferred the applied stuff. there were some units that required physics a level to be able to do them, and I was super interested but didn't have physics... hated the uni and left at the end of my first year, so taking a year out and figured may as well get something useful out of it! also I miss science it was so interesting at school but we never finished the course (covid) so I didnt bother doing it at a level originally, but now I can do it in my own time, and if I need to quickly go back and read up on a GCSE topic I can, im not being restricted by the speed of the class.

Currently stolen my younger brothers GCSE revision guide and just reading through and it all FEELS familiar just gotta hope it sticks haha

Quick Reply

Latest