The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

is goldsmiths university rough/dangerous?

Hi, is it safe to attend this university I hear it's located in one of the roughest parts of London, is it safe to attend this university? I'd be a commuter student, I'm also concerned that there is no tube station as I'd be commuting from a different part of London.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Hey I’m going here in September 23, I think the nearest tube station is New Cross :smile:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by plosh
Hi, is it safe to attend this university I hear it's located in one of the roughest parts of London, is it safe to attend this university? I'd be a commuter student, I'm also concerned that there is no tube station as I'd be commuting from a different part of London.

Thank you.

Hi! Goldsmiths is in new cross, its relatively safe especially during the day as its quite busy then... at night id say to be cautious like you should be in any area in london..

I commuted last year and I only found it hard because of the distance..but other then that New cross gate is an overground station, and in the situation where the overground is closed there;s alot of south western (i think?) trains that pass by at New Cross... if ur rly stuck you can walk from deptford bridge dlr which is like 10? mins away from campus..
Reply 3
Original post by monkeysillyfunny
Hi! Goldsmiths is in new cross, its relatively safe especially during the day as its quite busy then... at night id say to be cautious like you should be in any area in london..

I commuted last year and I only found it hard because of the distance..but other then that New cross gate is an overground station, and in the situation where the overground is closed there;s alot of south western (i think?) trains that pass by at New Cross... if ur rly stuck you can walk from deptford bridge dlr which is like 10? mins away from campus..

Hi, how far were you commuting? my commute would be roughly an hour to get there, my main concern would be if I had to leave late sometimes and getting mugged on the way to the train station.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending