The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

A Day Out in London: Tate Britain

Are you looking for something to do in London during the summer months?
I recommend heading into central to check out some museum exhibits! Here is a short write up on what you can do for free at Tate Britain on a day out in London!

If you are coming from Surbiton, you can easily catch a train heading to Vauxhall station and take a 10 mins walk across the river Thames towards Tate Britain! With a focus on British artists, Tate Britain is home to many artworks from 1500 to present day. The main collection features rooms curated to document shifts in society or to highlight specific artists. Tate Britain also offers free guided tours on different subjects throughout the day. The tours are about 45 minutes long and run at around 1200, 1300 and 1400 Hours. This being my first visit to Tate Britain, the free guided tour offered greater insight into the context and stories of different art works across different timelines. In addition to painting and sculptures, the architecture and interior of Tate Britain is grand and spacious, simply walking through the space made my day!:colondollar:

Aside from the main collection, Tate Britain is also currently running a few special exhibits which I have my eye on such as the Rossettis!
If you are planning a museum day be sure to sign up for a student art pass which gives you a 50% discount on almost all museums in the UK! If you a between the age of 16-25 I would highly recommend you signing up for the Tate Collective, which grants you £5 tickets to special exhibits and discounts to cafes within the museum. :tongue:

Know of any other great exhibits to check out? Please share them down in the comments below!

Zhi En (Kingston Rep.)
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending