The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What is the best Kings College London Accommodation for Strand campus?

I wanted some advice about the best accommodation for a student going to strand? If possible some advantages and disadvantages of different halls would be really helpful. My final question is with regards to the actual procedure of applying. Do you apply for 3 ones? or five?
thank you so much in advance

x
Reply 1
There is a thread regarding Kings Accommodation 2015, Ask the specific people there, might be more helpful.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3137907

:wink:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by elevate
I wanted some advice about the best accommodation for a student going to strand? If possible some advantages and disadvantages of different halls would be really helpful. My final question is with regards to the actual procedure of applying. Do you apply for 3 ones? or five?

x

Check out Pure Bankside. It's walking distance from Strand campus and I stayed there in my first year. It's en suite and very sociable!!
Reply 3
Original post by elevate

x

I've firmed for political economy which is on strand. I'm thinking moon raker for my first choice
Reply 4
Original post by rmarie
I've firmed for political economy which is on strand. I'm thinking moon raker for my first choice

current KCL student. I would say go for Stamford street because it is just a short walk over waterloo bridge to strand :smile:
I was at Great Dover St last year and it was honestly the best choice for Strand campus. It was close enough to Central that you don't have to trek across London but also not too close. I have friends that lived at Stamford St last year and although it it just over the bridge from Somerset house they didn't get to know as many sides to London as I did. Because they lived so close it made them quite lazy about their surroundings. GDS is the same layout and furnishings as Stamford St but it's double the size and I found I lived with more science and med students which is actually more fun than just living with arts students if you are one. Personal choice I guess but living in Borough was lovely, especially as you are literally a short walk from London Bridge, Borough Market (food is out of this world!), historic southwark, Tate modern, millennium bridge and the globe theatre. There's nothing like strolling up South Bank on your way to uni :smile:
hi
can you suggest private accommodation for pre sessional course at KCL ?

Many thanks
Reply 7
Hey, is Moonraker Point within walking distance from Strand campus?
Original post by ribosome3
I was at Great Dover St last year and it was honestly the best choice for Strand campus. It was close enough to Central that you don't have to trek across London but also not too close. I have friends that lived at Stamford St last year and although it it just over the bridge from Somerset house they didn't get to know as many sides to London as I did. Because they lived so close it made them quite lazy about their surroundings. GDS is the same layout and furnishings as Stamford St but it's double the size and I found I lived with more science and med students which is actually more fun than just living with arts students if you are one. Personal choice I guess but living in Borough was lovely, especially as you are literally a short walk from London Bridge, Borough Market (food is out of this world!), historic southwark, Tate modern, millennium bridge and the globe theatre. There's nothing like strolling up South Bank on your way to uni :smile:

Hey! Is GDS really social?.)
Original post by ancovicka1
Hey! Is GDS really social?.)

Like all halls it depends on your corridor. Some people get lucky (like me) & others get flat mates who hide away all the time. If you want sociable I would recommend an intercollegiate hall where the variety in types of people is endless. There is 700+ people at GDS though so that is certainly a plus in terms of opportunities to meet people.
Original post by bebearlovely
hi

Many thanks

Are you an international student and/or unfamiliar with London? If so I would pick an accommodation as close to KCL and central as possible just because you don't want to additional worry of travelling very far, like for example Hampstead halls which are verrrry far out compared to others. Moonraker is the most expensive and 'nicest' so I've been told (but I never went there). Stamford street is probably my recommendation as it is literally five mins across Waterloo Bridge. If you're more adventurous then maybe a Great Dover Street which is a 35 min walk away or even Wolfson House which is also at London Bridge?
Reply 11
I'm looking for somewhere that's really fun and social and vibrant in a location with lots happening all the time but i know nothing about London, someone please help me?? Also are intercollegiate halls better or worse in your opinion? I'm doing Neuroscience so i'll be in Denmark Hill but I don't think I mind travelling a bit to get to class
Original post by bebearlovely
hi

Many thanks

Hi there,

I would suggest you have a look at the Great Suffolk House. It is next to Tate Modern, which is 15 minutes away from Strand. Will be staying there for the third consecutive year! So if you want some further advice or suggestion, feel free to add me on Facebook: Igor Sukhorukov
Reply 13
Is Stamford street residence is open for Postgraduate students?
Ive applied to stamford (along with others as i know its popular) as i would be on the strand campus. I was wondering though can you stay over the holday periods? Like christmas and new years? I was hoping to come back over new years but wasnt sure if they let you stay in your acomodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Is it open to post graduate students?
Does anyone know if you can use bluetac on the walls at stamford or other kings residences for posters etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an offer from Kings, and I am starting there in 2023 and I'm trying to decide on what accommodation to choose. I have narrowed my preferences down to Canada waters, Angel Lane. Great Dover Street and Stramford. Can you offer any advice or pros and cons that you know of about these accommodations. Also, what was your room like at Great Dover street? was it big enough and did you have a decent size wardrobe and plenty of space to put your belongings?
Hi,

I know this is a really old post, but on the off chance that u might reply, does this mean that u took the tube to campus every day for lectures? was this rly costly? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest