The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

studying in uni of essex

I'm thinking of studying history of art in the University of Essex this year. What is it like studying that course?
Original post by krmwei
I'm thinking of studying history of art in the University of Essex this year. What is it like studying that course?

Heyyy @krmwei!

Thank you for thinking of us as one of your top choices! 😁

Our BA Art History course is a 3-year course, with the option to add on either a year abroad or a placement year (extending the degree to 4 years). The course structure is really flexible with options in all your years to choose some of your own modules from an allocated list! 📚

We have some great facilities for the course, as well as a range of teaching types for the opportunity for object-based learning and the chance to gain curatorial experience - some of these include:

Our Essex Collection of Art from Latin America (ESCALA) is the most comprehensive Latin American art research resource in the UK and has a state-of-the-art teaching and research space. Many of our students gain work and research experience through our collection

Our onsite gallery Art Exchange runs an ongoing programme of contemporary art exhibitions, talks by curators and artists, and exhibitions organised by our curatorial students

Enjoy regular visits to London galleries, including Tate Modern, Tate Britain, the National Gallery and the Royal Academy of Arts, as well as many independent and alternative spaces

We try and place students experience at the core of what we do, and we hope that we can make the degree a great place for everyone!

I would always recommend attending open days as this provides you the chance to meet academics from the department, explore modules in the course and get a feel of the campus 😊

If you have any questions please do let me know!! - It can be about the course, Essex as a university or even university more generally!

Essex Official Rep - Morgan
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending