The Student Room Group

KCL Dentistry with 2720 Band 1 UCAT

Hi, I just did my UCAT today and I got 2720 Band 1, is it worth applying to King's College London for Dentistry? My GCSEs are 8888877777 and I'm set to be predicted A*AA for my A-levels, I've also done 2 weeks of work experience in a local dental practice.
Reply 1
Original post by 127mimi
Hi, I just did my UCAT today and I got 2720 Band 1, is it worth applying to King's College London for Dentistry? My GCSEs are 8888877777 and I'm set to be predicted A*AA for my A-levels, I've also done 2 weeks of work experience in a local dental practice.

Hey, I can't tell you for sure but i applied a year ago with 2710 band 3 and predicted grades of A*A*A and got rejected pre-int. I did however get an interview for the enhanced support course. So if you are eligible do apply for enhanced however I would be wary over the main course.
Reply 2
Original post by drdent
Hey, I can't tell you for sure but i applied a year ago with 2710 band 3 and predicted grades of A*A*A and got rejected pre-int. I did however get an interview for the enhanced support course. So if you are eligible do apply for enhanced however I would be wary over the main course.

Thanks for your response. Do you know if KCL weighs SJT heavily at all?
Reply 3
Original post by 127mimi
Thanks for your response. Do you know if KCL weighs SJT heavily at all?

Again I couldn't tell u but from personal experience i got band 3 both times and got an interview both times so I dont think so. Also Manchester says they prioritise band 1 and 2 applicants but they also gave me an interview with band 3. So im not really sure.

Message me on insta if you have more questions @ayaan.dent
Reply 4
Original post by 127mimi

I think they weigh ur personal statement quite heavily someone Ik last year got into med with 2600 something
Reply 5
Original post by Del126373
I think they weigh ur personal statement quite heavily someone Ik last year got into med with 2600 something

Also where else r u thinking of applying I got very similar to u 2730 B2
Reply 6
Original post by drdent
Again I couldn't tell u but from personal experience i got band 3 both times and got an interview both times so I dont think so. Also Manchester says they prioritise band 1 and 2 applicants but they also gave me an interview with band 3. So im not really sure.

Message me on insta if you have more questions @ayaan.dent

Where would you recommend applying I got AAA in my a levels A* in EPQ 2730 B2 in my UCAT and 999887777D* in my GCSES (for dent)
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest