The Student Room Group

Is my UCAT score good enough for Kings?

Hi
I recently sat my UCAT and got 2660 and Band 1, I was expecting higher as I was aiming to apply to dentistry at universities like Kings and Bristol. I tried to do some research but every website says a different things. So if anyone has any idea of the scores I need for an interview it’ll be really helpful.
Thanks in advance
What are your GCSE's and A-level preds? Your UCAT might be a bit low for kcl but they do give extra points for people with band 1-2 SJT so I wouldn't discourage you from applying. Bristol places a 35% weighing on the UCAT so you could make up for it by having an excellent personal statement which has a 35% weighing and high GCSE's and A-level predicted which are 15% each.
Reply 2
Original post by hungrysalamander
What are your GCSE's and A-level preds? Your UCAT might be a bit low for kcl but they do give extra points for people with band 1-2 SJT so I wouldn't discourage you from applying. Bristol places a 35% weighing on the UCAT so you could make up for it by having an excellent personal statement which has a 35% weighing and high GCSE's and A-level predicted which are 15% each.

I’m predicted A*AA, and I have a chance to bring this up when I return to school in September. For GCSE I got 5 9s, 4 8s, 1 7 and 1 6. I always considered them good grades but now I’m not sure as I got one 6.
Original post by username5319484

where did you find the percentage weighing for universities? If its a website could you share the link please
Reply 4
i am fairly certain that bristol places a 100% weighting on the ucat, provided minimum entry requirements are met. best thing to do is look at the selection criteria/admissions process for each dental school, which they usually publish on their website. you are in a good place with your ucat score :smile: best advice i can give is to apply strategically. good luck!
Original post by Ivyfrost
Hi
I recently sat my UCAT and got 2660 and Band 1, I was expecting higher as I was aiming to apply to dentistry at universities like Kings and Bristol. I tried to do some research but every website says a different things. So if anyone has any idea of the scores I need for an interview it’ll be really helpful.
Thanks in advance

Hi and congrats to your ucat score! :smile:
I think Bristol might not be a good idea to apply their ucat cutoff was 2910 last year. Have a look at the following link.
https://www.medify.co.uk/blog/medical-schools-ucat-requirements
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest