The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough for dentistry

I got 2 9's and 8 8's in my GCSE's and I would like to do Dentistry. I didn't get many 9's, is this something I should worry about as I know how competitive dentistry is.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Idontknow07!
I got 2 9's and 8 8's in my GCSE's and I would like to do Dentistry. I didn't get many 9's, is this something I should worry about as I know how competitive dentistry is.

ur fine dw you can apply anywhere even the gcse heavy unis like kcl with that
Original post by kk15405
ur fine dw you can apply anywhere even the gcse heavy unis like kcl with that

Are there any unis that are heavy on GCSEs?
Original post by NewStudent113
Are there any unis that are heavy on GCSEs?

king's college london, leeds, probs a few more but cant remember. you can research yourself, theres plenty of info online.

ps: work on your a levels and your ucat when the time comes, for dentistry your kinda screwed if you mess up your ucat (unlike medicine) as theres only one uni that doesnt look at the ucat (leeds - and they are the only dental uni that does bmat). if ur jus starting year 12 dont worry about the ucat until like june next year, work on ur a level subjects to get good predicted grades
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you get in your GCSE's?
Original post by kk15405
king's college london, leeds, probs a few more but cant remember. you can research yourself, theres plenty of info online.

ps: work on your a levels and your ucat when the time comes, for dentistry your kinda screwed if you mess up your ucat (unlike medicine) as theres only one uni that doesnt look at the ucat (leeds - and they are the only dental uni that does bmat). if ur jus starting year 12 dont worry about the ucat until like june next year, work on ur a level subjects to get good predicted grades
What did you get in your GCSE's?

Are you studying Dentistry? If so, which university?
Original post by kk15405
Are you studying Dentistry? If so, which university?

nah im applying for medicine for next year
but my sister got into dentistry at barts and the london (she started her degree last month) with 9998877766 at gcse, and had offers from newcastle and plymouth

the admissions procedure are normally the same for med/dental schools in terms of gcses, thats why ik this stuff
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh ok thanks! What did your sister get in the UCAT?
Original post by kk15405
nah im applying for medicine for next year
but my sister got into dentistry at barts and the london (she started her degree last month) with 9998877766 at gcse, and had offers from newcastle and plymouth

the admissions procedure are normally the same for med/dental schools in terms of gcses, thats why ik this stuff
Oh ok thanks! What did your sister get in the UCAT?

3000 (on the dot) band 1 and A*AA for predicted grades
Wow! She must have worked really hard at a level. She did really well in her UCAT. Did she get A*AA in her real a level exams as well
Original post by kk15405
3000 (on the dot) band 1 and A*AA for predicted grades
(edited 1 year ago)
Wow! She must have worked really hard at a level. She did really well in her UCAT. Did she get A*AA in her real a level exams as well

yeah
Reply 12
Original post by kk15405
yeah

Hey if you don't mind me asking, was your sister's schedule like after school during her a levels? She did really well.

Quick Reply

Latest