The Student Room Group

A level math in 1 year?

Anybody who has done A level maths in year, how many chapters should I be completing a month roughly? Should I get through the first year content faster to leave more time for A2? I'm rlly not sure how to spread it all out
Original post by revo349
Anybody who has done A level maths in year, how many chapters should I be completing a month roughly? Should I get through the first year content faster to leave more time for A2? I'm rlly not sure how to spread it all out

It's possible, but just difficult.

If you have no other subjects, then it's a lot off your shoulders. If you have other subjects to worry about, then you might struggle.

The key would be to finish everything (including A2 material) by January of the year that you intend to take your exams, so you would have 4-5 months to go through practice papers and have everything sink in.

Strictly speaking, an A Level can take up 300 study hours (I recommend doubling it if you intend to budget revision time as well), which you can more or less do in 1 month doing 10 hour days. I would strongly recommend you don't do this and instead to aim to complete a chapter a week.

The AS content is generally easier to get through than the A2 content, so I would spend 1/3 of the time on AS and 2/3 on the time on A2.

Quick Reply

Latest