The Student Room Group

no longer need
(edited 8 months ago)
Instead of resitting, you could always do a foundation course. This is something that universities offer to students who underwent issues outside of their control which would've affected their exams in a negative way. You still have strong grades and meet all the requirements to go onto a foundation degree at any university. I know the following currently offer foundation courses (99% sure they all have it for humanity/social science subjects
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Bristol
- University of Manchester
- University of Glasgow
- University of Warwick
- University of Leeds
- University of Southampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of East Anglia (UEA)
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Kent

It might be worth looking into doing a foundation degree instead of resitting A-Levels, but if you are set on Durham & Nottingham, I believe your only option is contacting the university to let them know/resit your A-Levels.
Original post by enmc
so basically i was predicted A*A*A and needless to say things went wrong due to personal reasons and i’ve ended up with an A*BB. i know with certainty that i want to pursue law, i always have but i’ve been rejected from my firm (Durham) and insurance (Notts) and there aren’t really any clearing options for law i’m keen on.

i could either do a different degree - i’m considering History & Politics (jh) at Nottingham with plans to do the law conversion. the only problem is that that’s an extra 10 grand and i’m not sure if i’m wasting money doing a second choice degree and then a conversion. and i’m worried whether law firms will look at my two Bs and that would impact employment chances.

if i don’t do that, then i would take a year out, get some work experience and resit either 1 or 2 of my a levels (one of them is being remarked so it depends). i know that path is a lot of uncertainty and adults in my life recommend i don’t go through the whole a level process again and just draw a line. i’d also have to resist the LNAT. i’m not sure if universities will dislike the fact that i’m a candidate that’s resat some papers.

i’m feeling so conflicted because i have achieved high grades my whole life and i know in my heart, with different circumstances and more focus i could probably get better grades. one path just seems riskier than the other. if anyone has any advice that would be wonderful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending