The Student Room Group

Glasgow Scots Law 2024

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Glasgow Uni for Scots Law (2024 entry)? Or if anyone has any information about when they aim to send out offers? Even information from previous years would be helpful...
Getting stressed about it and I can't seem to find a proper discussion for Scots Law @ Glasgow on here so thought I would maybe open up my own :smile:

Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

what does everyone’s portal say re their application if you’ve not got an offer x
I think last year it was March 8th but I’m not sure for certain. Just hoping to hear something now. I’m getting nervous that I haven’t heard… x
Original post by anonymous8876
what does everyone’s portal say re their application if you’ve not got an offer x
my glasgow application is just sat in the "waiting for decisions" section of my ucas, and the only available thing to click is to withdraw from that application, if that's what you're wondering?
Original post by emiliaonair
I think last year it was March 8th but I’m not sure for certain. Just hoping to hear something now. I’m getting nervous that I haven’t heard… x
omg that's today if it is.... i heard some people saying they respond by the end of march but then others who were posting in may having still not heard anything so im realy not sure :frown:
Hi, a person form admissions commented that they aim to have all offers out by the 31st of March so hopefully not later. Someone I know said they think they give offers out in the last week of March and then rejections on the last day but I think that just a theory. Tbh I think it will be very dependant on LNAT scores as they said at the open day that everyone applies with great grades and personal statements so that's the decider, but I have also heard of people getting in with lower ones so who knows! what did you guys get? And good luck!
Original post by annamullena1
Hi, a person form admissions commented that they aim to have all offers out by the 31st of March so hopefully not later. Someone I know said they think they give offers out in the last week of March and then rejections on the last day but I think that just a theory. Tbh I think it will be very dependant on LNAT scores as they said at the open day that everyone applies with great grades and personal statements so that's the decider, but I have also heard of people getting in with lower ones so who knows! what did you guys get? And good luck!
Hopefully the admissions person is right! The end of march isn't so bad...
I was thinking the same about LNAT actually, I got a 31 so hoping that boosts my application a bit considering the average for offers in previous years was like 21? What about you?
Hoping we all get the responses we want :smile:
If anyone has any questions, the live chat admissions at Glasgow is great
If anyone has any questions, the live chat admissions at Glasgow is great
have they given any helpful info? i considered asking the uni about response times but i figured they wouldn't give a straight answer
Original post by skglawschool
have they given any helpful info? i considered asking the uni about response times but i figured they wouldn't give a straight answer
I didn’t really ask about that, but having heard horror stories of LNATs not being recieved or incorrect, they can confirm they have your LNAT
Does anyone know much about ‘guaranteed contextual offered’ ? :smile:
Does anyone know much about ‘guaranteed contextual offered’ ? :smile:
A few people in my school have contextual offers. I don't qualify but know it's on your postcode/care etc. They have offers and have to complete summer school to meet their conditions (not for law) as far as I've heard if you're given an offer the offer will be lowered (contextual) but it's not a guaranteed offer if that makes sense.
As above though this is only what I've heard, certainly no expert
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Glasgow Uni for Scots Law (2024 entry)? Or if anyone has any information about when they aim to send out offers? Even information from previous years would be helpful...
Getting stressed about it and I can't seem to find a proper discussion for Scots Law @ Glasgow on here so thought I would maybe open up my own :smile:
Thanks!!
Hi, i got a conditional for Scots with Spanish language, last week. My conditions were a B at adv higher and meeting the threshold for the LNAT.
Original post by MollieMcKezie
A few people in my school have contextual offers. I don't qualify but know it's on your postcode/care etc. They have offers and have to complete summer school to meet their conditions (not for law) as far as I've heard if you're given an offer the offer will be lowered (contextual) but it's not a guaranteed offer if that makes sense.
As above though this is only what I've heard, certainly no expert
see this is what I thought as well, however on glasgows website it states if you fit a contextualised category ie care experienced, postcode, young carer ect, you are GUARENTEED an adjusted offer (i didn’t just put in in bold, that’s on the website😄)
see this is what I thought as well, however on glasgows website it states if you fit a contextualised category ie care experienced, postcode, young carer ect, you are GUARENTEED an adjusted offer (i didn’t just put in in bold, that’s on the website😄)
I think they usually say satisfactory lnat as well so means like the summer school will make up for grades and lnat will show if you have the aptitude for the course?
Original post by annamullena1
I think they usually say satisfactory lnat as well so means like the summer school will make up for grades and lnat will show if you have the aptitude for the course?
maybe, I do actually have the grades for normal entry and decent enough lnat (i hope so anyway), however i was more wondering if the the fact that i’m contextualised means my offer is guarenteed as stated on the website x
Original post by emilymccracken
Hi, i got a conditional for Scots with Spanish language, last week. My conditions were a B at adv higher and meeting the threshold for the LNAT.
Hi! Congrats omg!! If you don’t mind sharing, what were your higher grades and LNAT score? Sooo stressed every time I hear someone has an offer but so happy for you!!!
Hi! Congrats omg!! If you don’t mind sharing, what were your higher grades and LNAT score? Sooo stressed every time I hear someone has an offer but so happy for you!!!
honestly i’m the exact same, a few people in my year have had offers which is just so stressful 🥲
Thank you! I got 5 A’s at higher and am predicted 4 A’s this year in my adv highers and crash highers. I got 24 in my LNAT as well. Good luck !!
I think it depends how you read it lol. I'd take it to mean if you're given an offer, that's guaranteed to be reduced iykwim not that you're guaranteed an offer. Like what if you fluffed the LNAT or you applied with 150 other people who fit all the contextual criteria, I can't imagine every one of them would be guaranteed an actual offer.

I honestly don't know for sure tho, best of luck regardless, the waiting is stressful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending