The Student Room Group

Rejected from Warwick law

Hi!
I just got rejected from Warwick law, and i am feeling quite disheartened about my other options now, as they are ranked higher than Warwick, and I'm worried I'll be rejected again. I exceeded both the GCSE's and A-Levels that Warwick requested, and was given a really vague explanation as to why i wasn't accepted. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Reply 1
Original post by freyabeth444
Hi!
I just got rejected from Warwick law, and i am feeling quite disheartened about my other options now, as they are ranked higher than Warwick, and I'm worried I'll be rejected again. I exceeded both the GCSE's and A-Levels that Warwick requested, and was given a really vague explanation as to why i wasn't accepted. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Apparently their focus is giving places to international students
Reply 2
Original post by EmG55
Apparently their focus is giving places to international students
I don't know about specifically for Law but, as a university as a whole, it has the highest percentage of international students (nearly 30%) of any major UK university, apart from London universities and St Andrews.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Picnicl
I don't know about specifically for Law but, as a university as a whole, it has the highest percentage of international students (nearly 30%) of any major UK university, apart from London universities and St Andrews.
Someone got a freedom of information act and it showed the international preference plus the recent Sunday Times investigation name checked Warwick. Such a shame .
Reply 4
Universities that currently have Law entrants with lower average grades than Warwick include Leeds, Exeter, York, Newcastle, Cardiff, Sheffield, Birmingham, Southampton, Lancaster, Liverpool, Kent, UEA, Leicester, Sussex, Surrey, Reading.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 5
My friend just got an offer from Warwick for Law. Not international. They have A* AAA in maths, physics, econ and welsh bac.
Original post by Jen7719
My friend just got an offer from Warwick for Law. Not international. They have A* AAA in maths, physics, econ and welsh bac.

omg congrats to them! do u know if they were contextual by any chance?
Reply 7
omg congrats to them! do u know if they were contextual by any chance?

No not contextual. 8A* and 5As at GCSE.
Original post by Jen7719
No not contextual. 8A* and 5As at GCSE.

we have really similar stats, except i got 7A* and 6As at GCSE! good for them tbh :heart:
Hi!

I'm in the exact same position rn dw, Warwick also rejected me for a very vague reason and they haven't responded to my email asking for a more specific reason 😭
Original post by Tilly0561
I'm in the exact same position rn dw, Warwick also rejected me for a very vague reason and they haven't responded to my email asking for a more specific reason 😭

omg that sucks! glad im not alone. let me know if u hear anything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending