The Student Room Group

When does year 11 end?

Just a question, I watched some youtube videos and they said it's around April or May.
Original post by _lilinx_
Just a question, I watched some youtube videos and they said it's around April or May.

GCSEs start around mid May and finish mid June but some schools go on study leave (where you study at home) for the duration of the exams so depends what your school does. If your school doesnt do study leave then it would be around mid June but if they do then probably near the end of May :smile:
It depends. Year 11 finishes a week or two before GCSEs depending on the school (this is for something called “study leave”) this is usually one or two weeks before the gcse exams, usually they take place in may and june, lasting a month. After a month when the exams are over the school will possibly host a “prom” to celebrate.
Reply 3
Original post by gcsestudent195
it depends. Year 11 finishes a week or two before gcses depending on the school (this is for something called “study leave”) this is usually one or two weeks before the gcse exams, usually they take place in may and june, lasting a month. After a month when the exams are over the school will possibly host a “prom” to celebrate.

prom??! Oh my

Quick Reply

Latest