The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeships 2024

What are good degree apprenticeships that russell group universities in London have? I've been looking but only found Queen Mary/Goldman Sachs for Applied Finance.

Scroll to see replies

JP Morgan/Exeter and UBS/Exeter (I actually got an offer from the latter so if you want some advice for that you can let me know). I believe JP Morgan should be opening up maybe towards the end of Sept/Oct and UBS at some point in November. Remember competition for these schemes are tough so the burden is on you to keep checking up on websites to see when things open up. You are slightly early since most schemes start advertising/opening up after September so there should be more coming up.
Reply 2
Original post by toxicgamage56
JP Morgan/Exeter and UBS/Exeter (I actually got an offer from the latter so if you want some advice for that you can let me know). I believe JP Morgan should be opening up maybe towards the end of Sept/Oct and UBS at some point in November. Remember competition for these schemes are tough so the burden is on you to keep checking up on websites to see when things open up. You are slightly early since most schemes start advertising/opening up after September so there should be more coming up.

Thank you! I'll check them out
Original post by NeedHelp109
Thank you! I'll check them out

Also not sure if you'd be interested, but a lot of non-IB banks run apprenticeships like Santander and stuff. One I got an offer from this year was HSBC for Commercial Banking so worth checking that out if it's of interest. Both UBS and HSBC offered the same degree, except HSBC has paired up with the London Institute of Banking and Finance to provide the degree.
Reply 4
If anyone is interested in Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeships this should be perfect for you:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398323
Reply 5

What were your predicted grades and also, what was the process like?
Reply 6

Hi mate, Im applying to degree apprenticeships in finance. Could you please provide me with any tips?
Reply 7
Also not sure if you'd be interested, but a lot of non-IB banks run apprenticeships like Santander and stuff. One I got an offer from this year was HSBC for Commercial Banking so worth checking that out if it's of interest. Both UBS and HSBC offered the same degree, except HSBC has paired up with the London Institute of Banking and Finance to provide the degree.

Do u know when applications begin for hsbc? I can’t seem to find anything. Also what did the entry requirements look like last year?
(edited 6 months ago)

hi, for jp Morgan I can only see bounmouth as an option, does this mean the London branch hasn't come up yet?
Reply 9
Original post by AliciaNoyau10
hi, for jp Morgan I can only see bounmouth as an option, does this mean the London branch hasn't come up yet?

Yes, it hasn't opened yet, it will open near the end of October as stated on their website.
Reply 10
Original post by NeedHelp109
What are good degree apprenticeships that russell group universities in London have? I've been looking but only found Queen Mary/Goldman Sachs for Applied Finance

Do you have the link and is it open yet?
Original post by AliciaNoyau10

yeah it releases on the 30th of oct
thanks x
Original post by leonidas406
yeah it releases on the 30th of oct
Original post by Zeeee1
Do u know when applications begin for hsbc? I can’t seem to find anything. Also what did the entry requirements look like last year?

i emailed them, they gave a vague answer of opening in "mid to late autumn"
Reply 14
Original post by raiyan12345
i emailed them, they gave a vague answer of opening in "mid to late autumn"

Hey they open November week beginning 13th
So do other banks like Lloyds and bank of england
Original post by Htfvhh
Hey they open November week beginning 13th
So do other banks like Lloyds and bank of england

great thanks!

Any advice for UBS jus did the culture match and cognitive was able to get 11/11 for verbal and 15/18 for the pattern
Reply 17
Original post by Gursirjansethi
Any advice for UBS jus did the culture match and cognitive was able to get 11/11 for verbal and 15/18 for the pattern

I got 26/28 for the patterns and 15/18 for verbal and I got rejected

What do they actually want from me then ???💀
Original post by Htfvhh

It was prob the culture match cause last year one of my friends got 7/8 and 15/16 and got accepted past the first stage i think their culture match boundaries are really high
Original post by Htfvhh

Did you get rejected recently?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending