The Student Room Group

How much will I need to take in my bag for year 10?

I've just got a handbag for year 10 and it still has the tag so I can return if need be. I packed it with 5 old school books, pencil case, water bottle, lunchbox, emergency kit, little body spray and a little hairbrush. The bag zips up fine with this but it also feels a bit like I'm playing jenga when packing. I can manage with this but there's only room for about one or maybe two textbooks in there.
Reply 1
Original post by fdgdffddf
I've just got a handbag for year 10 and it still has the tag so I can return if need be. I packed it with 5 old school books, pencil case, water bottle, lunchbox, emergency kit, little body spray and a little hairbrush. The bag zips up fine with this but it also feels a bit like I'm playing jenga when packing. I can manage with this but there's only room for about one or maybe two textbooks in there.

First week you will just have a pen in your blazer trust me. Keep the handbag there practical. But why 5 old school books? Keep your revision at home you do not need to take it to school. Also at the start of y10 you cannot revise because you have no started yet. Only start for your first mocks. Also in the first week assess your subjects do not settle for them and start revising. Ask your self things like: is this for me? Shall I change? Is this too hard already? To make it less heavy I’m going to guess you have a massive pencil case. Pls only have a few highlighters 2/3, pen, pencil, ruler, scientific calculator (only take to school the days your doing calculator maths questions). Also don’t have a big pencil case get a little clear one. You need it to be clear for your exams anyway. Hairbrush and other little bits just put it in your blazer. It’s most likely other girls will be doing this .if your in the bathroom pads/tampons should be in your blazer makes things easier. You also may need them in exams so just put them in your blazer as you can’t take a bag in. To save more space just use the canteen waters and refill the plastic bottles again you can only have clear plastic bottle with no labels in exams. Again you DO not need room for textbooks. Get an iPad or a little ring binder and keep it at home you teachers do not need to see your textbooks it’s for your revision. The only thing you should be carrying home is your in class work/school books to be revising at home from. But again to save room take photos of your work every lesson and put it into notes after school. But yr10 is ur final year to have fun. DO not get burnt out in the first term. Experiment, see what options you like it’s never to late to change. Just start early on maths and English xx
Reply 2
Original post by Llloubadl
First week you will just have a pen in your blazer trust me. Keep the handbag there practical. But why 5 old school books? Keep your revision at home you do not need to take it to school. Also at the start of y10 you cannot revise because you have no started yet. Only start for your first mocks. Also in the first week assess your subjects do not settle for them and start revising. Ask your self things like: is this for me? Shall I change? Is this too hard already? To make it less heavy I’m going to guess you have a massive pencil case. Pls only have a few highlighters 2/3, pen, pencil, ruler, scientific calculator (only take to school the days your doing calculator maths questions). Also don’t have a big pencil case get a little clear one. You need it to be clear for your exams anyway. Hairbrush and other little bits just put it in your blazer. It’s most likely other girls will be doing this .if your in the bathroom pads/tampons should be in your blazer makes things easier. You also may need them in exams so just put them in your blazer as you can’t take a bag in. To save more space just use the canteen waters and refill the plastic bottles again you can only have clear plastic bottle with no labels in exams. Again you DO not need room for textbooks. Get an iPad or a little ring binder and keep it at home you teachers do not need to see your textbooks it’s for your revision. The only thing you should be carrying home is your in class work/school books to be revising at home from. But again to save room take photos of your work every lesson and put it into notes after school. But yr10 is ur final year to have fun. DO not get burnt out in the first term. Experiment, see what options you like it’s never to late to change. Just start early on maths and English xx

I'm not taking them in ahah, just put them in to test what'd it fit as 5 would be the maximum amount that I'd need to have in a day xx
Reply 3
Original post by fdgdffddf
I'm not taking them in ahah, just put them in to test what'd it fit as 5 would be the maximum amount that I'd need to have in a day xx

Oh thank god. Also just be careful because the straps can break I’ve had many when I did my GCSEs from primark bags, Ted baker to new look. The straps have always failed me and collapse eventually. So just don’t overload it.

Quick Reply

Latest