The Student Room Group

How has May been for you?

I hope this has been a good month for you all

I've been very busy working. Year 11 left and I had to do a parents evening which means quite a bit of marking in order to prepare. However, I did go back to my old uni and saw a pile of old friends so that was great fun. :biggrin:

Plus, the weather has been loads nicer. :flower2:

Did anybody get sunburnt? :mmm:

So anyway, how has May been for you all?
(edited 11 months ago)
Well, I've been having to do GCSEs so May hasn't been my favourite month this year..but it wasn't too bad! I'm settling into the rhythm of exams now and the majority of mine are over anyway :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
I hope this has been a good month for you all

I've been very busy working. Year 11 left and I had to do a parents evening which means quite a bit of marking in order to prepare. However, I did go back to my old uni and saw a pile of old friends so that was great fun. :biggrin:

Plus, the weather has been loads nicer. :flower2:

Did anybody get sunburnt? :mmm:

So anyway, how has Mary been for you all?

Mary's been okay with me. I think she was having a rough time a couple of months ago, but she's really turned the corner!

Good old Mary :smile:
I despise May with a passion. 😠
Original post by FemmeBleu
Mary's been okay with me. I think she was having a rough time a couple of months ago, but she's really turned the corner!

Good old Mary :smile:

:lol:

Fixed
It was because I'd copied it from an old version from March :colondollar:
It was quite a nice month really.

My 9 year old had his first holy communion.
My 13 year old had his confirmation (last night).
So it was a good month for family gatherings.

Yes I did catch the sun when I went with my 17 year old to her first face painting gig at a comic con.
I haven't been to a con in 3 years, so it was nice to see a few familiar faces from the con scene. I got a fair few bellows of "It's been AGES omg it's so nice to see you" at me by traders and attraction owners.

As usual exam season is always a little stressful. 15 year old has had 2 papers so far, and 13 year old has had 1 paper. Both have their last papers on Monday (one in the morning, one in the afternoon).

I've got my own exam on Friday next week, so I've spent most of May revising procrastinating :redface: - in my defense it's an exam at home, I have 24 hours in which to complete it, and it's open book so I can use whatever resources I want.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
I love May, I have been lucky. And I hope this will continue over the months and years to come!
May meant 2nd year uni exams which were hellish and i’m glad they’re done.
The hotter weather has been nice though :yep:
May has encompassed me having 2/9 A level exams both on the same day (Great timetabling Edexcel) and revising my ass off but June 23rd Onwards will be bliss
Some of my highlights of may include meeting a famous local actor in, Enjoyed volunteering a lot this month, finishing my online course and
seeing my family for my aunts bday 🥰 It’s nice to see the sun out however it does flare up my symptoms quite badly
Reply 10
Mixed bag. My mate died of bowel cancer which was ******* awful. Split up with the Mrs, which wasn't as awful as it might've been (says a lot, really). I have to see some cardiologists because a routine ECG showed something naughty, so that's in the background. Work has been awful just because a core of the students have some terrible things going on.

But on the plus side, I went to Milan and saw some old mates (and their band) and I also booked 3 weeks out the way in the sun, so I am taking the wins where I can find them.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by gjd800
Mixed bag. My mate died of bowel cancer which was ******* awful. Solit up with the Mrs, which wasn't as awful as it might've been (says a lot, really). I have to see some cardiologists because a routine ECG showed something naughty, so that's in the background. Work has been awful just because a core of the students have some terrible things going on.

But on the plus side, I went to Milan and saw some old mates (and their band) and I also booked 3 weeks out the way in the sub, so I am taking the wins where I can find them.

Oh dear. You have had a tough month.
Reply 12
Original post by 5hyl33n
I despise May with a passion. 😠

Oh no. Does it have bad associations?
Reply 13
Original post by Cote1
Oh dear. You have had a tough month.

Weirdly it's not as bad as the back end of last year, so I'm not too downbeat about it. You just keep on, eh.
Original post by Cote1
Oh no. Does it have bad associations?

A mixed bag. I’ll give an update on that infamous thread soon. 😉

Original post by Cote1
Well, we are into June now.

May was good for me in that my mother has connected with two quite elderly ladies nearby her bungalow, on my street. This has cheered my mother up a lot as she is very sociable and chatty but quite disabled and was getting lonely. Her spirits are much improved. I also have two other elderly isolated ladies lined up for her to meet. There are loads living near me. :smile:
Last time she had her ex neighbours over for tea they ended up getting drunk and my mother was the most inebriated of the lot.:biggrin:

I can't keep my mother company in the day as I work full-time so this is all good.

Also my daughter is now home and has found herself a part-time job in a cafe. She is doing so well as she has had health issues so I am impressed with her. Small steps.

I’m glad your mother and daughter are doing well. :smile:
Original post by scar-the-queen
Well, I've been having to do GCSEs so May hasn't been my favourite month this year..but it wasn't too bad! I'm settling into the rhythm of exams now and the majority of mine are over anyway :smile:

I only have 1 exam, and a few months between now and accomplishing the two big objectives: skip Y13 and uni at 16.
My GYG is going well, it has nearly as many views as @5hyl33n GYG,
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7336850 with 1300 views as of 3 Jun 2023!

It's tough to study more than a few hours. I don't understand how the actual f**k people can study for 8 hours a day or 10 hours a day.

Sometimes it feels there isn't much meaning as I've almost done everything needed, but I do know I have to defend my actions so I'm trying to push myself for the strong grades that way.

Overall May was quite good, although I do wish I've actually revised physics better.

Exhaustion is setting in and I need to ppush myself for a few days. How are people still ushing themselves?
How do people like UnJaded Jade study 10 hours a day easily? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWipvA20eSg)

At least being very active myself, I'd be able to get enough exercise.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 16
May has been a great month for me. I traveled back to the UK for the bank holiday and celebrated friend's birthday in Brighton. I have also seen some nice progress from the gym lifting heavier weights now than before. I also had some equity/shares that vested this month :smile:
Been a solid month of getting my new (to me) car all spruced up :auto:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest