The Student Room Group

want to study medicine but average gcse grades

hi, i recently got my gcse grades back however my results were very average especially in the science/maths areas (however im still going on to study bio,chem + psychology) . people have said specifically for medicine gcse results do matter, but im worried mine weren’t good enough, can i still study it? anyone doing medicine with average gcse grades?
Reply 1
Original post by annoymous72
hi, i recently got my gcse grades back however my results were very average especially in the science/maths areas (however im still going on to study bio,chem + psychology) . people have said specifically for medicine gcse results do matter, but im worried mine weren’t good enough, can i still study it? anyone doing medicine with average gcse grades?

I can’t help for medicine specifically, but I applied and got offers for VetMed, which is a very similar process. I did get asked for my GCSE results, as they indicate how you may do at A Level, but Universities are aware that students mature so much during sixth form, so as long as you work hard to get good predicted grades at A Level and have a good personal statement with lots of wider listening, you’ll probably be ok! Just remember that medicine applicants also have to do the UCAT and/or BMAT, so you’ll want to revise well for that too. Good Luck with it all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending