The Student Room Group

Shocking Chemistry Teachers (A-Level)

Hi

A couple of days ago I received my timetable for Y13 this September.

Last year (Y12) I had the worst chemistry teachers known to man - this was only the case with my class.

Unfortunately, classes and teachers have remained the same this year.

I am stuck with the rubbish teachers.

I barely survived last year.

It does have an impact on my mental health.

What should I do?

I really do not want to take the next year with them again!!!!
Original post by shdshhshdhdf
Hi

Last year (Y12) I had the worst chemistry teachers known to man - this was only the case with my class.

What should I do?

thats awful, what i would suggest is emailing the head of year and asking to switch classes and explaining how u feel
usually they are able to make this change if it has an impact on ur mental health
Hi

What should I do?

Hey what exam board are you doing? I also had the same experience and decided to just self-learn all the topics.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey what exam board are you doing? I also had the same experience and decided to just self-learn all the topics.

dfsaaaaaaaaa
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jennaa21
thats awful, what i would suggest is emailing the head of year and asking to switch classes and explaining how u feel
usually they are able to make this change if it has an impact on ur mental health

my head of year is a very strict and 'scary' lady to go talk to - as is the head of chem!

I dont't think i could - especially as last year me and her got into some arguments with eachother!
Reply 5
anyone?
my head of year is a very strict and 'scary' lady to go talk to - as is the head of chem!

I dont't think i could - especially as last year me and her got into some arguments with eachother!

yeah u can email her, i think you are over complicating this
Reply 7
If you do end up emailing head of chem/head of year, I'd make a point of including specific reasons/events that make you feel such a way, e.g. teacher screams at students during class regularly, missing out topics and/or leaving them to self study where other teachers haven't, makes you feel less than for asking questions or generally addressing you/others in an abrasive manner ("How come you got this question wrong, are you an idiot? I just went over this!" etc.)

Apologies if that seems obvious, but if you've already been in arguments with these staff, I think your best point is to approach them with as much objective evidence as possible towards this rather than just relying on your word that it's harming your mental health, as they might try to interpret it as you wanting to move classes to be with more friends or any similar reason that isn't so viable and/or turn it down just because they dislike you.

Might also be worth having your parents fight it out for you if it doesn't work out. Also, if you can get testimony from parents/GP/counsellors etc. that say that your mental health did seriously plummet as a result of chemistry in Y12, that might help.

Best of luck.
Reply 8
Original post by roboticks
If you do end up emailing head of chem/head of year, I'd make a point of including specific reasons/events that make you feel such a way, e.g. teacher screams at students during class regularly, missing out topics and/or leaving them to self study where other teachers haven't, makes you feel less than for asking questions or generally addressing you/others in an abrasive manner ("How come you got this question wrong, are you an idiot? I just went over this!" etc.)

Apologies if that seems obvious, but if you've already been in arguments with these staff, I think your best point is to approach them with as much objective evidence as possible towards this rather than just relying on your word that it's harming your mental health, as they might try to interpret it as you wanting to move classes to be with more friends or any similar reason that isn't so viable and/or turn it down just because they dislike you.

Might also be worth having your parents fight it out for you if it doesn't work out. Also, if you can get testimony from parents/GP/counsellors etc. that say that your mental health did seriously plummet as a result of chemistry in Y12, that might help.

Best of luck.

it would make me seem like im always complaining and set an already bad impression on my teachers and the deputy head
it would make me seem like im always complaining and set an already bad impression on my teachers and the deputy head

im sorry but you asked for advice and people are giving it to but you are just making excuses
if it actually bothered you, you would get up and do something about it.

Quick Reply

Latest