The Student Room Group

AS Level results

so.. i really ****ed my AS Levels.

Math: A
Computer Science: A
Physics: D

what can i even do about this grade for physics, how can i go about a resit or increasing this grade in any way..
Original post by bananatrader
so.. i really ****ed my AS Levels.

Math: A
Computer Science: A
Physics: D

what can i even do about this grade for physics, how can i go about a resit or increasing this grade in any way..

Firstly, you didn't mess up - two of your grades are As, well done!

Regarding the physics grade, may I ask which country you live/study in?
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
Firstly, you didn't mess up - two of your grades are As, well done!

Regarding the physics grade, may I ask which country you live/study in?

thankyou man thats really flattering but these grades get be a best predicted of A*A*C or A*A*B and no uni takes these :/

I study in the UAE looking, WAS looking to go to the UK Russell groups but welp
thankyou man thats really flattering but these grades get be a best predicted of A*A*C or A*A*B and no uni takes these :/

I study in the UAE looking, WAS looking to go to the UK Russell groups but welp

You actually can't get A*s at AS Level, only at A2, so you got the top grades there!

Do your AS Levels count towards your A Level grades, or are your A Level qualifications linear in your school?
Reply 4
You actually can't get A*s at AS Level, only at A2, so you got the top grades there!

Do your AS Levels count towards your A Level grades, or are your A Level qualifications linear in your school?

Hey!
So as far as i know, physics is a linear qualification for my A Level grades
Hey!
So as far as i know, physics is a linear qualification for my A Level grades

On that basis, you will not need to resit your physics AS and can work towards achieving your desired grade next year :smile: Do double-check with your teacher however!
Reply 6
On that basis, you will not need to resit your physics AS and can work towards achieving your desired grade next year :smile: Do double-check with your teacher however!

But then what about my predicted grades that i apply to uni with, will i have to apply 6 months later
But then what about my predicted grades that i apply to uni with, will i have to apply 6 months later

You'll need to discuss your predicted grades with your teacher. Especially if this was a shock result, your physics teacher(s) might still be willing to give you a high predicated grade. You should speak to your teacher about your result.
Reply 8
You'll need to discuss your predicted grades with your teacher. Especially if this was a shock result, your physics teacher(s) might still be willing to give you a high predicated grade. You should speak to your teacher about your result.

Oh i really hope they can give me something i can apply with, you've calmed my nerves, thankyou for the support :smile: have a great rest of your day
Oh i really hope they can give me something i can apply with, you've calmed my nerves, thankyou for the support :smile: have a great rest of your day

You're welcome! Have a great day yourself :h:

Quick Reply

Latest