The Student Room Group

A Level Resit 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Noname60
if you don't mind me asking is the exam centre in London? because most of them cost 300 and above for one a level :frown:

let me know if you find the one
Reply 21
Original post by sddssss
let me know if you find the one

i found one called London Professional Training College and they cost 210 pounds for one A-level exam. to be honest it's the cheapest one I found till now
i found one called London Professional Training College and they cost 210 pounds for one A-level exam. to be honest it's the cheapest one I found till now

You're joking? I'm so screwed...
Reply 23
Original post by rennatusembers
You're joking? I'm so screwed...

I'm so mad, I already went with the one for £240, I thought I looked everywhere, but guess i didin't see the 210 one. oh well, it is what it is. and its said you legit can't find any under 200
Original post by Unevu
I'm so mad, I already went with the one for £240, I thought I looked everywhere, but guess i didin't see the 210 one. oh well, it is what it is. and its said you legit can't find any under 200

I was going to do it at my old school but I'm too embarrassed to walk in and do my exams again there as ridiculous as it sounds. I'd rather get a job and pay these ridiculous fees instead. I live in London too
Reply 25
I was going to do it at my old school but I'm too embarrassed to walk in and do my exams again there as ridiculous as it sounds. I'd rather get a job and pay these ridiculous fees instead. I live in London too

This is exactly how I felt. Coz I was seen as a person who would get good results but that didn't end well. also seeing those smug teachers again, yeah it was a no from me. but i eventually had to ignore my ego and ask if i can resit at my school, to avoid paying these fees but they said they don't accept private candidates, so i have no choice but to pay these fees
Reply 26
Original post by Unevu

if you don't mind me asking, which one did charge you £ 240?
Original post by Unevu
This is exactly how I felt. Coz I was seen as a person who would get good results but that didn't end well. also seeing those smug teachers again, yeah it was a no from me. but i eventually had to ignore my ego and ask if i can resit at my school, to avoid paying these fees but they said they don't accept private candidates, so i have no choice but to pay these fees

I haven't even asked. I will sort that out in the next few weeks. Now is the time to sort it all out. I need it ready to go and done with.
I get what you mean, I feel like I proved people right about me. I was always told I'd fail and then I actually did. I have this next chance to prove them wrong and I will not matter what. Best of luck to us buddy :smile:.
Original post by Karys27
I took my a levels in 2022 & missed one, then my college stopped doing a levels so I couldn’t continue with them.

Tried to go to other colleges but none of them had both my courses so I’ve been homeschooling myself.
Went to book the exam in feb 2023 and it was just shy of £1000 each- & I hadn’t even had any course fees.

Have to wait another year and the whole process confuses me majorly :/

& now low-key scared Cus isn’t Sunak changing A levels?

I'm in the exact same position as you, I took my A Levels in 2022 and my college said in order to retake I had to pay around £6000 because they don't allow private candidates so I have to reenrol for Year 13 again. I decided to retake as an external candidate at a different exam centre and self study at home because that amount was crazy compared to private exam centres. The exam centres near me didn't have the subjects I wanted to retake and found out that they will start them a year later so I had to wait a year to retake them now.

How's self studying at home going?

Sunak's changes will apply in 10 years, thank God, but the education system is messed up because why do we have to pay an extortionate amount just to retake our exams? Some people struggle to pay that amount.
Original post by Unevu

How's it going?
I haven't even asked. I will sort that out in the next few weeks. Now is the time to sort it all out. I need it ready to go and done with.
I get what you mean, I feel like I proved people right about me. I was always told I'd fail and then I actually did. I have this next chance to prove them wrong and I will not matter what. Best of luck to us buddy :smile:.

The way I look at it is that it isn't a failure it's just a setback, you will do good and yes it is a chance to prove everyone wrong.
Original post by LawStudent171
I'm in the exact same position as you, I took my A Levels in 2022 and my college said in order to retake I had to pay around £6000 because they don't allow private candidates so I have to reenrol for Year 13 again. I decided to retake as an external candidate at a different exam centre and self study at home because that amount was crazy compared to private exam centres. The exam centres near me didn't have the subjects I wanted to retake and found out that they will start them a year later so I had to wait a year to retake them now.

How's self studying at home going?

Sunak's changes will apply in 10 years, thank God, but the education system is messed up because why do we have to pay an extortionate amount just to retake our exams? Some people struggle to pay that amount.

That is so messed up! Isn't education 16-19 anyways? There should be government funding for cases like ours, I couldn't get any school to let me retake and I went to one in London. They were so rude about it and even said I'd do worse the second time? Good luck this year! Whilst I want to go this year, I'm sure the extra year off will have aided you well. Good luck booking your exams this year! I eed to start booking pronto!

Sunak changing A Levels is frustrating I suppose but it won't affect us at least. What are you doing after your retake?
Original post by LawStudent171
The way I look at it is that it isn't a failure it's just a setback, you will do good and yes it is a chance to prove everyone wrong.

That's a good way to look at it! I'm starting to think of it that way too. I'm looking around to make some money and I hope that I'll be all the better for it next year. Sometimes, I tell myself my life is one of those zero to hero TED talks! Haha, I sound delusional but you get the idea. It can only go up from here! Good luck one again mate
Reply 33
Has anyone booked at Stratford college exam centre or north London college?
Original post by Unevu
hi,

where did u find £109 per subject, mine was £240 per subject

hi, where did you find exam centre for £109 and £240 per subject?
Reply 35
Original post by Shaylahnaomi
Hi.
Is anyone else resitting their A Levels? What subjects are you resitting and are you going to resit with a school/college or as a private candidate? Also, Does anyone know how much it costs to resit one A Level? I’ve tried looking for it myself but it’s quite difficult to find. The only price I’ve found so far is £109 per A level? But I hear some people saying that they paid over £500 for their resit.

Hi it depends what a level your looking to resist every a level would be different from what I know and I think from a levels with peacticals like the sciences you would have to pay for the practical too if you haven't done it at your school but you'll be able to find out more if you research specific a level resist for private candidate centres they should advise you
Reply 36
Is anyone resitting at Stratford college exam centre?
Is anyone resitting at Stratford college exam centre?

I'm looking for an exam centre right now, Stratford isn't far so I may if they have space

Edit: So I just called and I really owe you big time 😭. They're way cheaper than the place I have been calling and they're closer. Thanks mate. I'll probably go there
(edited 2 months ago)
Hey everyone! A general update but I got my first offer from UCL for Chemistry! I feel very behind with studying but I really dont want to miss my offer again. Otherwise, I'vedone pretty much nothing else which is rather sad. How is everyone doing?
Reply 39
I'm looking for an exam centre right now, Stratford isn't far so I may if they have space

Edit: So I just called and I really owe you big time 😭. They're way cheaper than the place I have been calling and they're closer. Thanks mate. I'll probably go there

hello
I'm glad you've found this helpful but you need to register ASAP because the deadline is getting closer I think it's on the 16th of Feb 🙂 , if you don't mind me asking what subjects are you taking?
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest