The Student Room Group

Resitting Alevels im November

Hi, I’m a week away from starting my alevel exams and I’m 100% sure I’m not going to do well in them. I need AAA for uni and I’d be luck if I got CCC. I’m considering just not doing these exams and taking a gap year next year to sit the exams in November- has anyone done something like this? Is it worth it?
Ty in advance :smile:
Reply 1
There are no November resits for A levels - these were only available during one year mid-covid.
You can only resit next June - if your school let you.
Reply 2
Does this makes a student has to take two gap years?

Yes , a similar question here for medical appliations.
If a student whose reults in 2023 dont go well, and planning to do two subjects in 2024 June resit, when will this student has to
1.apply for UKCAT ( will this be 2023 September UKCAT).
2. Results coming in Aug 2024, how this can be put into application as no offers will be there based on 2023 results?
Does this mean if a 2023 results didnt go well, does this student will be able to apply properly in 2025 with two gap years?

(Original post by SharifeCooper)
Has anyone taken two gap years after not getting the results they wanted in their first attempt at school/year 13 and first gap year?
Reply 3
Original post by reureu
Does this makes a student has to take two gap years?

Yes , a similar question here for medical appliations.
If a student whose reults in 2023 dont go well, and planning to do two subjects in 2024 June resit, when will this student has to
1.apply for UKCAT ( will this be 2023 September UKCAT).
2. Results coming in Aug 2024, how this can be put into application as no offers will be there based on 2023 results?
Does this mean if a 2023 results didnt go well, does this student will be able to apply properly in 2025 with two gap years?

(Original post by SharifeCooper)
Has anyone taken two gap years after not getting the results they wanted in their first attempt at school/year 13 and first gap year?

Ok so you don't have to take 2 gap years, I did this 2022/23 for medicine. So in 2021 (year 12) I first sat the UCAT, didn't do very well so in my october 21 applications I got no interviews and therefore no offers. I sat my A levels in june 2022, then re took the ucat beginning of August 2022. I then reapplied for medicine october 2022 for 2023 entry. I am also resitting A level chemistry this year 2023, to get an A instead of a B. So no you don't have to take 2 gap years you can reapply with predicted resit grades, like predicted grades the first time. :smile: If you have more questions I'm happy to answer them
Reply 4
Original post by embl123
Ok so you don't have to take 2 gap years, I did this 2022/23 for medicine. So in 2021 (year 12) I first sat the UCAT, didn't do very well so in my october 21 applications I got no interviews and therefore no offers. I sat my A levels in june 2022, then re took the ucat beginning of August 2022. I then reapplied for medicine october 2022 for 2023 entry. I am also resitting A level chemistry this year 2023, to get an A instead of a B. So no you don't have to take 2 gap years you can reapply with predicted resit grades, like predicted grades the first time. :smile: If you have more questions I'm happy to answer them

Thankyou @embl123 for the prompt response!
As mentioned,I had a doubt again on- you can reapply with predicted resit grades- Can we put predicted grades from our own end as I would be longer in school when reapplying in October? And continue to resit in 2024 June any subject you wish to improve?Thanks again!!
Reply 5
Original post by reureu
Thankyou @embl123 for the prompt response!
As mentioned,I had a doubt again on- you can reapply with predicted resit grades- Can we put predicted grades from our own end as I would be longer in school when reapplying in October? And continue to resit in 2024 June any subject you wish to improve?Thanks again!!

I asked my sixth form to do predicted grades again for me, as I needed them for a reference anyway. But I’m not sure how it would work otherwise, you’d have to ask and find out

Quick Reply

Latest