The Student Room Group

Auditioning for Sweeney Todd..

So I'm auditioning for the lead as one of the youngest ones (I'll be year 9 while most of the others will be year 12) and I will say that I'm very nervous but definitely excited. Very worried since some stuff isn't really working out for me, however I'm hoping to do great in the auditions (an acting one and a singing one). Anyway, wish me luck! Any advice will also be really appreciated, thank you everyone.

Ps: this is probably the wrong forum for this
(edited 7 months ago)
Are these auditions held at your school? What exactly isn't working out? I have some tips on learning lines if that helps. Good luck!
Original post by michaela002
Are these auditions held at your school? What exactly isn't working out? I have some tips on learning lines if that helps. Good luck!

Yep, the auditions will be held at my school and we were given the choice between There's No Place Like London and My Friends for the audition song (this normally doesn't happen in real auditions, I know, however my school is doing it this way). I chose My Friends.
So the thing is that obviously Sweeney Todd vocal range is way lower than mine (and I go to an all girls' school, so it'll probably be the same for everyone). This is why our teacher told us we could move it an octave higher, which I've done, but the issue is (and this might be quite stupid),
when it's a higher octave, the higher part of it sounds not great to me (not my singing but the whole Sweeney Todd feel just doesn't come), and if it's the normal octave, the higher bit sounds great, however the lower section is too low for me. Anyway, that's the thing that isn't quite working out for me and I'm not actually sure what to do about it. Maybe I'm overlooking something? I've already memorised my lines (I didn't actually memorise it I just practiced it so much that I know them by heart now)..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending