The Student Room Group

Lipa 2023

Has anyone applied to LIPA for 2023 entry? If so has anyone received an offer or an audition?

Scroll to see replies

I’ve applied but not gotten an offer yet? Just me or everyone else the same?
I'm a current LIPA student (1st year) on the BA Acting course. I'd be happy to answer any questions :smile:
Original post by itsaidan
I'm a current LIPA student (1st year) on the BA Acting course. I'd be happy to answer any questions :smile:

Was it long before you got an invitation to audition. I sent my ucas in a few weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet
Original post by owenapf17
Was it long before you got an invitation to audition. I sent my ucas in a few weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet

They can take a few weeks, have you heard back yet? if not, just give admissions an email.
Reply 5
Original post by owenapf17
I’ve applied but not gotten an offer yet? Just me or everyone else the same?

I haven’t recieved anything still and i sent my application over a month ago. I think I might just go for Leeds Conservatoire since it isn’t looking good for me getting in. Did you get an offer yet?
Original post by _mazzer
Has anyone applied to LIPA for 2023 entry? If so has anyone received an offer or an audition?

Hi! I applied in November and I got invited to audition a week or so later and then got an offer a few days later. But that may just be because I applied quite early.
Original post by _mazzer
I haven’t recieved anything still and i sent my application over a month ago. I think I might just go for Leeds Conservatoire since it isn’t looking good for me getting in. Did you get an offer yet?

Maybe call up or email admissions to make sure they’ve got it. I had the same issue with Leeds Conservatoire but I called up and a few days later I was sent an email about an interview.
Hi Aiden, I have my audition on the 10th of Feb. I know from the guidelines it lists some thing you can include in your self created piece. I was wondering if I could get away with a small prop ( A thin rope)
I had my audition around 3 weeks ago. Got recalled to the afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear audition results? :smile:
Are there any modules devoted to classical texts and is there normally a Shakespeare performance in one of the nine terms? Sorry to ask, but the website is unusually unspecific!
Yes, I have applied. All I've had from them is to provide extra information on the portal - I did that ages ago and I've heard nothing else.
No interview, no audition, nothing.
I got an offer from Sheffield Hallam uni and I doubt I'll get into LIPA so I kinda wish they'd get on with it cos I'll only not get in anyway. I'd be happy at Sheffield - I've already been really upset about being rejected from performers college and I just can't handle the suspense, it's stressing me out.
Reply 12
Original post by ellajgordon
Maybe call up or email admissions to make sure they’ve got it. I had the same issue with Leeds Conservatoire but I called up and a few days later I was sent an email about an interview.

Wish I followed your advice sooner, I emailed admissions on thursday as I had just finished an audition to leeds, turns out LIPA emailed me twice apparently on both the two days after I sent my application (12th december) however I never received them for some reason and can’t find them after searching everywhere in my mail. I’ve been told if I want to still send tracks I will have to do so immediately as the auditions for 2023 entry are closing. A bit heartbroken as I only have my GCSE composition and two unfinished other ones recorded that I can send, I hoped they maybe would have given me some extra time because of the technical error but guess I’m just going to have to risk it with what I have.
Reply 13
Original post by itsaidan

how long does it take for them to respond to your initial audition
Reply 14
Original post by rhianna :)
I had my audition around 3 weeks ago. Got recalled to the afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear audition results? :smile:

hi did you get a reply? if so how long was it?
Original post by _mazzer

Had an audition for MT BA in January. I know some people were told they weren’t successful, but heard nothing yet.

They had another group of auditions two or three weeks ago, no one had heard from those either.
Had a recall for MT, with a song list!
Can I ask when your audition was? Mine was 10th Feb and I haven't heard. (For Screen and Digital Media)
Reply 18
Original post by JosieBee
Can I ask when your audition was? Mine was 10th Feb and I haven't heard. (For Screen and Digital Media)

i sent off my tracks (songwriting and production) yesterday (i sent them about 5 times over the past 3 weeks, they’ve just been ****ing me about for some reason) and only just got the offer to audition, but im just gonna withdraw as I fancy Leeds Conservatoire better now. I wouldn’t worry yourself since they have til May to get back to you. Good luck!
Thanks. The waiting is so frustrating, I'm down to my final two choices. Just want a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending