The Student Room Group

Happy to help with ved med queries

Hi, I’m a mum of a standard Y13 applicant who is starting at Nottingham next week.
She’s just an average student who went through the traditional application process and received 2 offers, was put on hold by her 3rd university and then rejected by the 4th choice. She’s dyslexic but other than that sat 3 A levels, biology, chemistry and English lit. So pretty standard stuff but it’s not often that you hear of ‘normal’ A level to vet med journeys on the chat. We were very methodical about the process (which was the only way we stayed sane and calm 😂)
I suppose what I’m saying is that if any parents want any help through the process just message me. I’m happy to chat through what worked for us.. I know it helped me immensely to speak to other parents who had just had successful Y13 applicants.. just to understand how the process went and how we tackled every stage.
I’m definitely NOT an expert by any means but I’m a good listener! And it’s a stressful time which I feel incredibly grateful that we don’t have to repeat 🥹
Reply 1
Original post by happyplace11
Hi, I’m a mum of a standard Y13 applicant who is starting at Nottingham next week.
She’s just an average student who went through the traditional application process and received 2 offers, was put on hold by her 3rd university and then rejected by the 4th choice. She’s dyslexic but other than that sat 3 A levels, biology, chemistry and English lit. So pretty standard stuff but it’s not often that you hear of ‘normal’ A level to vet med journeys on the chat. We were very methodical about the process (which was the only way we stayed sane and calm 😂)
I suppose what I’m saying is that if any parents want any help through the process just message me. I’m happy to chat through what worked for us.. I know it helped me immensely to speak to other parents who had just had successful Y13 applicants.. just to understand how the process went and how we tackled every stage.
I’m definitely NOT an expert by any means but I’m a good listener! And it’s a stressful time which I feel incredibly grateful that we don’t have to repeat 🥹
Hi. Hope your daughters studies are going well. I have a daughter year 12 who is hoping to successfully gain a place next year. Any help and advice greatly received. Many thanks
Original post by domag123
Hi. Hope your daughters studies are going well. I have a daughter year 12 who is hoping to successfully gain a place next year. Any help and advice greatly received. Many thanks
Hi, I'm happy to help with any questions. If you want I can email you all the info I have that might help. It's easier in some ways because TSR won't let you post certain things. If I PM you then you can reply with your email address and I'll send it over. It's an absolute minefield. Sometimes I look at the student room chat and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why some get offers and some don't... some poor people on the 2024 chat are on their second application process and still have no offers, its heart breaking.
You can also check out the existing parent thread here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6996743
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
You can also check out the existing parent thread here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6996743
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending