The Student Room Group

Gcse results for med uni

Hi, I really want to go to med school and I have 7s for all subjects i needed to do maths, bio and chem for alevels however i am stuck with a 5 in english- i dont know what to do- majority med schools want a 6 however ones who only require a pass a wayyyy to far from home - could travel there no doubt but ill get homesick - it is way to far to travel back and fourth and I dont really want to retake eng lan gcse - does anyone know what i should do???? Or which uni do not consider such high gcse grades
Original post by MrEggxd
Hi, I really want to go to med school and I have 7s for all subjects i needed to do maths, bio and chem for alevels however i am stuck with a 5 in english- i dont know what to do- majority med schools want a 6 however ones who only require a pass a wayyyy to far from home - could travel there no doubt but ill get homesick - it is way to far to travel back and fourth and I dont really want to retake eng lan gcse - does anyone know what i should do???? Or which uni do not consider such high gcse grades

See: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjZvo-OpIWBAxU7gv0HHZA6CfIQFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedicalschoolexpert.co.uk%2Fmedical-schools-with-low-gcse-requirements%2F&usg=AOvVaw1ai8fRnVhoJSvywPFkPKny&opi=89978449

Exeter
Central Lancashire
Buckingham
Newcastle
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MrEggxd

Resit your Eng Lang
Reply 3
Original post by MrEggxd

Sorry to be blunt but most med applicants will have considerably higher GCSE grades than you, plus all medical school are fiercely completive to get into, so it you are only going to consider med schools that are commutable from your home, you are giving yourself little chance of success. You need to re-take English or consider moving out for uni, ideally both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending