The Student Room Group

HELP!! i didn't get an acca exemption

Do exemptions matter a lot to employers for acca because now i'll be down to 8 maximum. If so then should i try taking it on in the summer by paying for the exam or try asking the module leader to let me reset due to the exeption policy. I'm panicking so please any1 respond if you know so.
Reply 1
Original post by robqttedcant
Do exemptions matter a lot to employers for acca because now i'll be down to 8 maximum. If so then should i try taking it on in the summer by paying for the exam or try asking the module leader to let me reset due to the exeption policy. I'm panicking so please any1 respond if you know so.

What sort of job and which exemption?

Basically - no. No difference of any significance between 5 or 6 exemptions and 9 most of the time - and most of the time when it does it will be because you can talk enthusiastically in an interview about how you enjoyed studying tax (for example).
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
What sort of job and which exemption?

Basically - no. No difference of any significance between 5 or 6 exemptions and 9 most of the time - and most of the time when it does it will be because you can talk enthusiastically in an interview about how you enjoyed studying tax (for example).

Most likely any graduate scheme that will sponsor the remainder of my exams and 3 years that lead to acca qualification, for now i'm open to audit, tax and all but what would you recommend? Also thank you for the response.
Reply 3
Most likely any graduate scheme that will sponsor the remainder of my exams and 3 years that lead to acca qualification, for now i'm open to audit, tax and all but what would you recommend? Also thank you for the response.

Well - I don't think there is a single route you should look for. Big audit firms tend to do ACA (assuming that you are from the UK or planning to work here). I don't think you should turn down a great offer from a blue chip if the job sponsors CIMA rather than ACCA.

Anyway - the chances that someone cares about one or more exemption is negligible.

Hi @robqttdcant,

Some employers will allow students to take exemptions and some really like students to sit the ACCA exams. Taking the Applied Skills exams also helps you to prepare and gives a good foundation to the Strategic Professional ACCA exams.

Employers are looking for well-rounded professionals and exemptions are only one part of it. They want to see someone that has the right attributes and there are ways of demonstrating this through other skills/activities etc that will put you in a great position when looking to apply. You can take a look at our ACCA Careers page for advice: https://jobs.accaglobal.com/careers/

Hope that helps but do reach out if any further queries

Kind regards
Sayali
ACCA Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending