The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

For those going to study at Bath, what accommodation types are you considering?

I have Norwood House as my first choice, and I hear it doesn't have so many spaces available, so I'm trying to get an idea of how popular it is. What are you guys putting as your first and second choices?
Reply 1
Original post by oatmeal_cereal
I have Norwood House as my first choice, and I hear it doesn't have so many spaces available, so I'm trying to get an idea of how popular it is. What are you guys putting as your first and second choices?

Hi yes me too Im thinking of putting Norwood as my first choice but for second Im thinking either westwood or eastwood green.Ive heard about eastwood terrace and looks appealing to me but theres not much information about it online so cannot make a decision.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by SnehaR
Hi yes me too Im thinking of putting Norwood as my first choice but for second Im thinking either westwood or eastwood green.Ive heard about eastwood terrace and looks appealing to me but theres not much information about it online so cannot make a decision.

Hi,

I am currently a Second Year Student who lived in both Eastwood Terrace (first term) and Eastwood Green (second term) in my First Year and I thought I would share a few differences that I noticed.

Eastwood Terrace:
- £155 per week
- Have bigger sink with quite a bit of under sink storage
- Bigger wardrobe with both places to hang as well as fold clothes
- 2 x chest of drawers
- Most had cream curtains
- 11-13 people in a house
- similar kitchen space + equipment
- tended to have separate rooms for each shower and toilet instead of a big room with cubicles (not always the case)

Eastwood Green:
- £139 per week
- Slightly smaller sink with no under sink storage
- Smaller wardrobe with little room to fold clothes
- 1 x chest of drawers
- Purple floral curtains
- many had a big room with cubicles for the shower and toilet all together

https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/undergraduate-accommodation-prices/

In my experience they're both really good options and I enjoyed living in both! If you have a lot of stuff/clothes you may find the more storage options in Eastwood Terrace worth it, however I didn't bring a lot to University so found both had enough space for my stuff! Not every single house is the same so this is just a general overview of what I noticed, having lived in both for a couple of months.

Sophia (2nd Year Student)
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

I am currently a Second Year Student who lived in both Eastwood Terrace (first term) and Eastwood Green (second term) in my First Year and I thought I would share a few differences that I noticed.

Eastwood Terrace:
- £155 per week
- 2 x chest of drawers
- tended to have separate rooms for each shower and toilet instead of a big room with cubicles (not always the case)

Eastwood Green:
- £139 per week
- 1 x chest of drawers
- Purple floral curtains

https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/undergraduate-accommodation-prices/

In my experience they're both really good options and I enjoyed living in both! If you have a lot of stuff/clothes you may find the more storage options in Eastwood Terrace worth it, however I didn't bring a lot to University so found both had enough space for my stuff! Not every single house is the same so this is just a general overview of what I noticed, having lived in both for a couple of months.

im putting eastwood terrace as my second choice too, so this is helpful to know thank you
Reply 4
Quads + (Woodland Court/ Marlborough/Solsbury Court) are my top 2
Original post by urfavsiste

Hello everybody,

Many congrats on all of your offers from Bath, really pleased to see that many of you have firmed us already. Just thought I would share a few quick top-tips based on what I found really helpful before coming to live at Bath in my first year:

1. Check out the University of Bath Facebook groups for your year. This year for 2023/4 there are 2 private University of Bath Freshers' groups, where you can check out what events are happening in Freshers’ week, find out about student discounts, campus job opportunities etc. People also often use them to find people who have been given the same accommodation choice as you and together set up ‘Flat Chats’ so you can e-meet each other before meeting for the first time in-person. When my flat group did this it turned out that I was living with 2 other students from my course, so this made me a lot less nervous about ending up being the only one!

2. Bring cookies! This one may sound bizarre, but when I turned up to Westwood in Freshers' week with a box of home-made cookies and put it open-lidded on the table in the communal area to share, it was a great way to break the ice and get to know people. We started off talking about cookies, but this was a great conversation-starter which led into finding out where each other were from, what we were going to study, what the journey was like, even what music groups we liked. Much less awkward than asking each other those questions outright, plus I soon became known as the ‘flat baker’ from there on in! 😊

3. Organise a games night. On the second day of Freshers' week when all of us had arrived a couple of us got together and arranged for a flat cards tournament complete with home made pizza. It was a great laugh and really got us talking as a group, especially the new ones who had arrived a little later. If you or your flatmates aren’t into cards, then the SU usually holds board games and pub quiz nights at the bar. Alternatively, one of my flatmates turned up with an old fashioned Nintendo WII and a HDMI cable, so we were able to plug it into the big screen in the kitchen and play Mario Kart. Anything like that that gets the flat together is a great way to get to know more of each other (I was surprised by how competitive everybody got!)

All these things are totally optional what I found is that when we were all thrown into this new environment together we naturally formed a community.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you all!

Holly
University of Bath
Original post by urfavsiste

oh wow, going for the en-suite options i see, good luck getting those
what's your first non-ensuite option in case you don't get those btw?
Reply 7
Original post by oatmeal_cereal
oh wow, going for the en-suite options i see, good luck getting those
what's your first non-ensuite option in case you don't get those btw?

hahah yupp!
for non-ensuite I put Eastwood Terrace (first) and then Brendon Court
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

Eastwood Terrace:
- £155 per week
- 2 x chest of drawers

Eastwood Green:
- £139 per week
- 1 x chest of drawers
- Purple floral curtains

Thank you so much that was very helpful !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest