The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abracadabra98
@OxfordBrookesRep

Earlier in this thread you advise that we should get in touch if we haven’t heard anything about our application within 10 days; I applied for a place on the Psychology course on UCAS deadline day and still have yet to hear anything. Would it be worth me getting in touch with the admissions team at this point? As a mature student I’m keen to secure favourable accommodation sooner rather than later.
Hi @Abracadabra98

Yes, we would advise you to get in touch if it has been more than ten working days. You can find our contact information on this webpage.

In terms of accommodation, accommodation applications for September 2024 will open in March. For more information on this, please see this webpage.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by primeval_wolves
I've applied for Japanese studies and been offered a place, looking forward to meeting other people on the same course!

Hiiii, I’ve applied too and I’ve put it as my insurance!!
Hi, I would like to know the timeframe for hearing back from the university regarding application to master’s study please. I have an email from OBU stating that the application was received on 2nd Feb (4 weeks ago) but have not heard anything further since. It seems that most people on this forum are applying for undergraduates and I wonder if they share a similar review schedule or not. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous #7
Hi, I would like to know the timeframe for hearing back from the university regarding application to master’s study please. I have an email from OBU stating that the application was received on 2nd Feb (4 weeks ago) but have not heard anything further since. It seems that most people on this forum are applying for undergraduates and I wonder if they share a similar review schedule or not. Thanks.
Hi,

We aim to process all applications within ten working days. If you have not heard from us in ten working days, please get in touch so we can prioritise your application 🙂

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Original post by beepboop23695
Hiiii, I’ve applied too and I’ve put it as my insurance!!
Hi! Awesome, best of luck and possibly see you in September!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,
Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.
Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:
“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.
Good luck and happy posting!
Children's Nursing
I had attended one before applying
And pretty excited to start!
how long after accepting my conditional offer do i hear about an interview? and roughly how much notice prior to this will i be given?
Original post by daisyyhood
how long after accepting my conditional offer do i hear about an interview? and roughly how much notice prior to this will i be given?

Hi @daisyyhood,

Not all of our courses require an interview so please check the details of your offer. If you have any questions about your next steps, please feel free to contact our admissions team directly at [email protected] or call us on + 44 (0) 1865 535000.

Best wishes,
Courtney
Admissions Office
Hi there,
Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

hiii has anyone applied for ba social work and got an offer?! obu is my firm choice !
Original post by ellierose283
hiii has anyone applied for ba social work and got an offer?! obu is my firm choice !

Hi @ellierose283

We are pleased to hear that Brookes is your firm choice 🎉

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hi there,

Hii, I just firmed my offer for Business and Management the other day and am excited to hopefully join the uni in September! 😄

Anyone else who applied for the same course? :smile:)
Original post by Salina_918
Hii, I just firmed my offer for Business and Management the other day and am excited to hopefully join the uni in September! 😄
Anyone else who applied for the same course? :smile:)
Hi @Salina_918

We are pleased to hear that Brookes is your firm choice 🎉

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hi! Has anyone completed/currently studying English Literature at Oxford Brookes? I’m thinking of applying for 2025 and just wanted to hear a students perspective of the uni and course! Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending