The Student Room Group

Vacation scheme

I was successful in my application to a big law firm last year. However was rejected during my interviews. Would it be okay if I used the same application this year, but amend it slightly as the questions have changed.
Reply 1
Original post by Confused2729372
I was successful in my application to a big law firm last year. However was rejected during my interviews. Would it be okay if I used the same application this year, but amend it slightly as the questions have changed.

Hi, I would try to amend more than slightly, law firms generally want to see your improvement and how things evolved (eg. more experiences, new studies, etc.). You can keep some of the content but I would try to add new things into it. Because if your application looks like copy-pasted you may not go through the next round.
Reply 2
Original post by Confused2729372

Hey!

I think that for your "why commercial law?" and "why the firm?" answers, I would change the answer if you have new experiences that reinforce your interest in commercial law/the firm that you are applying to. In terms of your skills and the work experience section, I would advise to update that with the new experiences that you have had and the skills that you have acquired from those experiences.

In terms of preparing for interviews, I would recommend Commercial Law Academy's "preparing for interviews and assessment centres" because it provides details on what group/negotiation exercises entail as well as how to structure your answers for strengths-based interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending