The Student Room Group

Law placements and internships

Hello does anyone know the best websites to be able to find a work placement or an internship for law please. Also what big names renowned company can offer work placements or internships and what would I need to do to obtain one if possible please. Thank you :smile:
During your degree you can apply for "vacation schemes" (which are paid during university holidays). https://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors/TrainingContractDeadlines is quite useful for training contract deadlines etc.
Reply 2
Hey!

Vacation schemes are a great way to find out whether you would like to work for a law firm. Alternatively there are also placements at other companies in their legal departments. It really depends on whether you see yourself working at a law firm or you would prefer to work in-house for a bank such as Barclays or for a company like Apple. I would recommend the Commercial Law Academy's course on alternative legal careers for a better explanation of working in-house. Alternatively they also offer courses on making great law firm applications and how to research a firm.
Original post by bal888
Hey!

Vacation schemes are a great way to find out whether you would like to work for a law firm. Alternatively there are also placements at other companies in their legal departments. It really depends on whether you see yourself working at a law firm or you would prefer to work in-house for a bank such as Barclays or for a company like Apple. I would recommend the Commercial Law Academy's course on alternative legal careers for a better explanation of working in-house. Alternatively they also offer courses on making great law firm applications and how to research a firm.

Hi!

Brilliant I’ll do that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending