The Student Room Group

Non russel group uni help!!!!

Im just about to start uni at westminister law. I really want to get a commercial law training contract. I got DDD in a btec level 3. But was predicted MMP. So i was put off applying for higher end universities. I have a genuine drive and believe i can still get into a magic circle law firm. But im getting put off by the whole people with non russel group degrees in law have a tiny chance of getting in.

I believe with 1-2 vacation schemes, insight days, legal work at high street firm, overall having a great cv and first class grade can still make me a solid canditate, although studying at westminister

Im worried plssss someone help
Reply 1
law is one of those careers where school pedigree matters somewhat

if you're really set on fielding the most competitive application, it would be worth reapplying next year (although i have no idea what law courses you can get into with a BTEC)

BUT keep in mind that your degree is only the first box to check in a long list of requirements. vacation schemes are very competitive just to start, and you'll need to ace your interviews just to get there, never mind the trainee contract

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending