The Student Room Group

Is my gcse good enough

I got 9 b and above. 4 8s 2 7s and 3 6s 6 in both eng and 8 in maths and all 3sci and I want to do medicine at uni . I researched and my grades are enough but my school tries to demotivate us .
Original post by segregated-armor
I got 9 b and above. 4 8s 2 7s and 3 6s 6 in both eng and 8 in maths and all 3sci and I want to do medicine at uni . I researched and my grades are enough but my school tries to demotivate us .

Good enough for what?

There are very few universities courses, for example, where you wouldn't meet the GCSE requirements for entry.
Reply 2
Original post by segregated-armor

Yes they are enough as they meet the requirements, but if you do eventually apply for med schools, you would probably need to avoid the ones that put a lot of weight on GCSEs for interview selection, as you will be less competitive for those. No point trying to think about which med school you can or can't apply to at this stage though, as selection criteria change, plus you need to focus on getting A*/A at your A-levels

Quick Reply

Latest