The Student Room Group

What’s the problem with cgp book?

I’ve heard a lot of people say cgp books are bad for science GCSEs is this true and why? Do they not include content or just don’t go into detail enough and is it and past papers enough for a 9?
Original post by Myaccount61616
I’ve heard a lot of people say cgp books are bad for science GCSEs is this true and why? Do they not include content or just don’t go into detail enough and is it and past papers enough for a 9?

I always found the CGP books very useful, but you can't use any resource in isolation - you need more than one method of revision. I would make your own revision resources firstly as you can tailor them to your own needs. Past papers are also very useful to practise exam technique. I can't say whether specific resources are enough for a grade 9 because it really depends on you and the work you put in.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I always found the CGP books very useful, but you can't use any resource in isolation - you need more than one method of revision. I would make your own revision resources firstly as you can tailor them to your own needs. Past papers are also very useful to practise exam technique. I can't say whether specific resources are enough for a grade 9 because it really depends on you and the work you put in.

Is CGP enough content wise or does it lack anything content wise
Is CGP enough content wise or does it lack anything content wise

I don't know, but you should have your own notes and you shouldn't just rely on the CGP notes

the cgp can be good for explaining some of the content but i found with my books that sometimes the information was confusing or even incorrect! i got 9s in my science gcses and i would really recommend the site cognito because they explain the content really well and have good resources like quizzes (i don't know if you have to pay for that bit but the videos are great and they're just on youtube). past papers are also really good so definitely continue with that! hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest