The Student Room Group

Question About Group 1 Specialities

Hey, I'm a current FY2 just looking into future career options. I was just wondering about the Group 1 Specialities, how they're all now dual CCTs with GIM, what exactly does that mean for the job. I.e., if I trained in for example rheumatology, what would it look like as a consultant rheumatologist? Just confused as to where the GIM bit comes in and how it effects the work - any help to clarify would be much appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by white_o
Hey, I'm a current FY2 just looking into future career options. I was just wondering about the Group 1 Specialities, how they're all now dual CCTs with GIM, what exactly does that mean for the job. I.e., if I trained in for example rheumatology, what would it look like as a consultant rheumatologist? Just confused as to where the GIM bit comes in and how it effects the work - any help to clarify would be much appreciated!!

Depending on your job plan and where you work you would be expected to take part in the general medical take, be on call for gen med, and do general medical clinics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending