The Student Room Group

Clearing Qs!

I was just looking through clearing and wanted to know few things,
1) are universities desperate to fill clearing spots,since there is space and its another 9k into their pockets
2) do universities lower their grades even further as the days go on in clearing to fill in spots? I think a few uni did for the final few spaces but im not 100 sure
I'm new to all this and would like to know for next year incase i need it :smile:
Original post by void0
1) are universities desperate to fill clearing spots,since there is space and its another 9k into their pockets
2) do universities lower their grades even further as the days go on in clearing to fill in spots? I think a few uni did for the final few spaces but im not 100 sure
I'm new to all this and would like to know for next year incase i need it :smile:

1) Yes
2)No. They will not set you up for failure. Some are lenient in lower their entry requirements by one grade, others are not
See: https://www.whatuni.com/advice/clearing/faqs-grades-are-below-entry-requirements/103836/#:~:text=Do%20universities%20lower%20entry%20requirements,the%20university%20and%20the%20course.
Original post by void0

Hi there,

First of all - do not panic!

For the University of Lincoln, more information on clearing can be found on this page: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/clearing/

It is definitely worth calling the number 08081644444 to ask your questions in regards to clearing, so you have a clearer answer to your questions!

Good luck with everything!

Jennifer :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BankaiGintoki
1) Yes
2)No. They will not set you up for failure. Some are lenient in lower their entry requirements by one grade, others are not
See: https://www.whatuni.com/advice/clearing/faqs-grades-are-below-entry-requirements/103836/#:~:text=Do%20universities%20lower%20entry%20requirements,the%20university%20and%20the%20course.

Hm, but if they are desperate would they still be lenient enough for two grades below? For example if they ask for 3 Bs and you get BBD? What if you attach a PS, and show interest despite having lower entry grade would they consider it despite it possibly still be "setting you up for failure" 😂
I'm worried after seeing this years boundary , if i flop next year and miss out by 2 grades potentially. Would begging be enough for them to take me in lol
Original post by void0
Hm, but if they are desperate would they still be lenient enough for two grades below? For example if they ask for 3 Bs and you get BBD? What if you attach a PS, and show interest despite having lower entry grade would they consider it despite it possibly still be "setting you up for failure" 😂
I'm worried after seeing this years boundary , if i flop next year and miss out by 2 grades potentially. Would begging be enough for them to take me in lol

https://www.applytouni.com/clearing/clearing-faqs/will-universities-accept-lower-grades-through-clearing/
Depends on luck
‘However, don’t despair if you’re more than one grade away. Good personal statements, a clear idea of why you want to take the course, and a good telephone manner when you speak to the admissions tutor can all help you get the university place of your dreams.’
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
https://www.applytouni.com/clearing/clearing-faqs/will-universities-accept-lower-grades-through-clearing/
Depends on luck
‘However, don’t despair if you’re more than one grade away. Good personal statements, a clear idea of why you want to take the course, and a good telephone manner when you speak to the admissions tutor can all help you get the university place of your dreams.’

Thanks for this :smile:. I've not seen much about 2 grades leniency but many on 1 grade. Just going to pray XD
I'm sure they might consider 2 grades as long as you got a good ps, and if they are REALLY desperate (if they have lots of spaces near end of clearing). Deffo dont see russel groups being that desperate tho lol. Thanks for the help anyways!
Reply 6
would like to know if anyone has gotten a clearing offer despite being 2 grades , or 1 grade below requirement (in 2 subjects)! Lmk :smile:
Original post by void0
Thanks for this :smile:. I've not seen much about 2 grades leniency but many on 1 grade. Just going to pray XD
I'm sure they might consider 2 grades as long as you got a good ps, and if they are REALLY desperate (if they have lots of spaces near end of clearing). Deffo dont see russel groups being that desperate tho lol. Thanks for the help anyways!

To be honest, Russel groups are nothing special… it feels more like a brand name more than anything
Reply 8
To be honest, Russel groups are nothing special… it feels more like a brand name more than anything

Honestly. But i read more employers visit RG more often than non RG? The best thing about RG is its connections but this does not mean other universities dont have good connections.
Saying this i plan to end up (hopefully) attempting masters at Imperial, warwick or manchester XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending