The Student Room Group

Economics 2024

I’m 23 years old and has decided to apply for Economics at university. However, when I looked at the entry requirements most of them, including my firm choice (uni of Manchester), only accepts applicants with AAA grades. For context, I finished my Alevels in 2018 and achieved an A* in Maths, B in Chem, B in Bio ,and A for my EPQ.

I guess my question is , should I still go for it and apply ? Economics really interests me and the notion that I would be rejected is incredibly disheartening :frown:
Original post by johnmichael2021
I’m 23 years old and has decided to apply for Economics at university. However, when I looked at the entry requirements most of them, including my firm choice (uni of Manchester), only accepts applicants with AAA grades. For context, I finished my Alevels in 2018 and achieved an A* in Maths, B in Chem, B in Bio ,and A for my EPQ.

I guess my question is , should I still go for it and apply ? Economics really interests me and the notion that I would be rejected is incredibly disheartening :frown:

Contact the university and explain your circumstances to see if they will accept lower grades for mature students. They might or they might want you to take an access course. Other than that you will probably get rejected.
Original post by johnmichael2021

It's been a while since you took A levels - unis might require more recent study. Contact the admissions department of every uni you are thinking of applying to check this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending