The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades blog 23/24!

hi everyone, i am going to be starting a grow my grades blog, to create myself stronger discipline as i get distracted too easily.

subjects: Economics, English Literature, Maths
current predicted: A* A B (in order)
current mocks (october): A B B (in order)

goal by february mocks: A* A A (in order)
goal by summer: A* A* A* (in order)

i am going to devote myself to equal hours of revision for each subject daily, except for sundays (depends). also, i do not really think the hours matter but as long as i am getting good chunks of efficient revision done.

21/12/2023

25/12/2023hi! now that the weekend is over, ive officially begun the gyg!, today i finished of doing double trigonometric identity questions which took me a while as this is one of the most difficult topics for me in maths a level haha. i also completed a planning for english poetry, as the last time my year group focused on poetry in english lit was in year 12 and im kind of rusty on that, so i've begun planning on writing essays. i also practiced introduction paragraph for this plan, as last time for my mocks my teacher told me it needs to be accessible to the reader etc. to be honest i think i didnt go as hard today because its christmas, and i get distratced easily. but tomorrow, im hoping to continue on economics, english lit, and maths! hope everyone had a great christmas

26/12/2023 - completed a practice exam essay on poem comparison because im rusty on it, did a lot of practice questions on projectiles, i think too many. did practice case study questions for economics to better my skills at interpreting material and graphs.

27/12/2023- continued my practice questions on projectiles, its a fun topic but man. did practice exam quesiton on the WOB basically a novel we are newly reading and learned new terminology to increase ao4 context. for economics did a 8 marker using new a-level material i learnt because im a bit rusty on monopolies, and went over diff perspectives in essay questions as well as the natural monopoly graph

30/12/2023- finished off the projectiles topic guys idk why it took me so long, but its because i was completing this large pdf file. back to normal routine tmrw!

01/01/2024- happy new year everyone. today i started and finished off dynamics, i really like the topic, its frustrating at times but i think its good. did more practice questions on economics with case studies and interpreting graphs and how to answer questions, did an 8 marker on private goods it was nice. for english lit did a practice poem essay where i analysed and compared the differences with two poems, i think english was my favorite session of today. see u guys tmrw bye!

02/01/2024- hi, did sequences and series practice, was kind of hard but i'll practice on it more. for english practiced on how to write clear and good essay introductions, because thats what held me back in my essays i was too confusing. for economics did practice case study questions to become better at graph interpretations and samples and to apply this to questions.

03/01/2024- completed practice on geometric and arithmetic sequences, was good, became better at it but i'll need to practice more to perfect it. economics completed an 8 marker for paper 2 to improve my terminology and understanding. for english learnt more context for WOB i could use in essays to add more depth.
04/01/2024- completed past paper for a level maths paper 1, looks like i still need practice on integration+differentation with modelling. completed a past paper on othello + completed case study qs on economics
05/01/2024- practiced more on trig identities y2 but need to do more its hard. looked at exemplar othello responses, and improved my othello responses with a more precise response. for economics completed a 12+8 marker
6/01/2024- completed maths paper 1, not bad and did trig identities year 2 which was nice. for eng looked at an exemplar well written essay and did my own practice introduction and main paragraphs which went well. economics i did a 12 marker and more case study questions it was good. but i need to work more on reading the stimulus materials and my knowledge kind of, might start going through flashcards to strengthen knowledge
08/01/2024- completed an essay question for othello, my writing style has definitely improved and cleared up and become more sophisticated. for maths did more double trig identities practice questions, getting better. and also did a mock paper on AS year 1, i think its time i go back to completing year 2 content because i think im ok with it. for economics completed a 25 marker and familiarised myself with protectionism, the trade creation diagram.
(edited 3 months ago)
welcome to gyg!! can't wait to watch your progress :smile:
Original post by dagi1234
hi everyone, i am going to be starting a grow my grades blog, to create myself stronger discipline as i get distracted too easily.

i am going to devote myself to equal hours of revision for each subject daily, except for sundays (depends). also, i do not really think the hours matter but as long as i am getting good chunks of efficient revision done.

21/12/2023

Helloooo! Welcome to the community! Fellow literature student here - what exam board do you do? Can't wait to follow your progress :smile:
Reply 4

hello! thank you so much for the warm welcome and thank you so much for the guides and introduced me to more of gyg members, i will be sure to keep up with your blog too, i hope we both prosper and achieve what we are working hard towards! nice to meet you!
dagi!
Reply 5
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Helloooo! Welcome to the community! Fellow literature student here - what exam board do you do? Can't wait to follow your progress :smile:

hiii! thank you so much for the warm welcome! and i am currently doing the edexcel exam board for english literature, what about you? and thank you, i hope we both achieve what we are working hard towards!
hiii! thank you so much for the warm welcome! and i am currently doing the edexcel exam board for english literature, what about you? and thank you, i hope we both achieve what we are working hard towards!

I'm doing aqa! What texts do you do?
Reply 7
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
I'm doing aqa! What texts do you do?

we are doing Wife of Bath, and for drama we are doing streetcar named desire and for prose we are doing Frankenstein and never let me go :smile: what about you?
we are doing Wife of Bath, and for drama we are doing streetcar named desire and for prose we are doing Frankenstein and never let me go :smile: what about you?

For paper 1 (love through the ages), we're doing Othello (compulsory Shakespeare lmao), The Great Gatsby and an aqa set poetry anthology

For paper 2 (texts in shared contexts) we're doing All Quiet on the Western Front, The Wipers Times and the Up the Line to Death poetry anthology 🙂
Reply 9

21/12/2023

25/12/2023hi! now that the weekend is over, ive officially begun the gyg!, today i finished of doing double trigonometric identity questions which took me a while as this is one of the most difficult topics for me in maths a level haha. i also completed a planning for english poetry, as the last time my year group focused on poetry in english lit was in year 12 and im kind of rusty on that, so i've begun planning on writing essays. i also practiced introduction paragraph for this plan, as last time for my mocks my teacher told me it needs to be accessible to the reader etc. to be honest i think i didnt go as hard today because its christmas, and i get distratced easily. but tomorrow, im hoping to continue on economics, english lit, and maths! hope everyone had a great christmas

26/12/2023 - completed a practice exam essay on poem comparison because im rusty on it, did a lot of practice questions on projectiles, i think too many. did practice case study questions for economics to better my skills at interpreting material and graphs.

27/12/2023- continued my practice questions on projectiles, its a fun topic but man. did practice exam quesiton on the WOB basically a novel we are newly reading and learned new terminology to increase ao4 context. for economics did a 8 marker using new a-level material i learnt because im a bit rusty on monopolies, and went over diff perspectives in essay questions as well as the natural monopoly graph

30/12/2023- finished off the projectiles topic guys idk why it took me so long, but its because i was completing this large pdf file. back to normal routine tmrw!

01/01/2024- happy new year everyone. today i started and finished off dynamics, i really like the topic, its frustrating at times but i think its good. did more practice questions on economics with case studies and interpreting graphs and how to answer questions, did an 8 marker on private goods it was nice. for english lit did a practice poem essay where i analysed and compared the differences with two poems, i think english was my favorite session of today. see u guys tmrw bye!

02/01/2024- hi, did sequences and series practice, was kind of hard but i'll practice on it more. for english practiced on how to write clear and good essay introductions, because thats what held me back in my essays i was too confusing. for economics did practice case study questions to become better at graph interpretations and samples and to apply this to questions.

03/01/2024- completed practice on geometric and arithmetic sequences, was good, became better at it but i'll need to practice more to perfect it. economics completed an 8 marker for paper 2 to improve my terminology and understanding. for english learnt more context for WOB i could use in essays to add more depth.
04/01/2024- completed past paper for a level maths paper 1, looks like i still need practice on integration+differentation with modelling. completed a past paper on othello + completed case study qs on economics
05/01/2024- practiced more on trig identities y2 but need to do more its hard. looked at exemplar othello responses, and improved my othello responses with a more precise response. for economics completed a 12+8 marker

6/01/2024- completed maths paper 1, not bad and did trig identities year 2 which was nice. for eng looked at an exemplar well written essay and did my own practice introduction and main paragraphs which went well. economics i did a 12 marker and more case study questions it was good. but i need to work more on reading the stimulus materials and my knowledge kind of, might start going through flashcards to strengthen knowledge
Reply 10

21/12/2023

08/01/2024- completed an essay question for othello, my writing style has definitely improved and cleared up and become more sophisticated. for maths did more double trig identities practice questions, getting better. and also did a mock paper on AS year 1, i think its time i go back to completing year 2 content because i think im ok with it. for economics completed a 25 marker and familiarised myself with protectionism, the trade creation diagram.

Reply 11

21/12/2023

11/01/2024 finished revising market structure topics for economics will start doing practice questions tmrw, for maths did another specimen practice paper went good and did double trigonometric identities practice and im improving so yay, didnt do anything for english literature today, but back on that tomorrow. hope ur all doing good
11/01/2024 finished revising market structure topics for economics will start doing practice questions tmrw, for maths did another specimen practice paper went good and did double trigonometric identities practice and im improving so yay, didnt do anything for english literature today, but back on that tomorrow. hope ur all doing good

Hi what exam board are you for economics! If edexcel do you have any tips? I'm stuck on a B in mocks and need an A/B for uni. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending