The Student Room Group

social security scotland recruitment process

Hi just wanted to try start a post for social security scotland job process. To be able to help each other out and try understand the recruitment process as I know it is a long one.

Has anyone applied and received a job offer? for what role?

has anyone any experience of being on reserve list and got job offer? how long were you on the reserve list?

did you get feedback on scores of your application. all advice and help very much welcome.

I am currently on reserve list for a role.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I’ve received an offer for a client manager in Glasgow and was on the reserve list for approx 4/5 weeks. I’ve not had a start date yet, I assume they are still completing the pre-employment checks.
I didnt get any feedback on my assessment scores so not sure where I sat on reserve list.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lmcint36
Hi,
I’ve received an offer for a client manager in Glasgow and was on the reserve list for approx 4/5 weeks. I’ve not had a start date yet, I assume they are still completing the pre-employment checks.
I didnt get any feedback on my assessment scores so not sure where I sat on reserve list.

thank you. aww amazing you got a job offer congratulations!👏 was is the May reserve list ypu were on? Do they just send an email requesting you to confirm the job offer? that's exciting though hopefully the checks don't take too long and you get a start date 😃

I seen a report they had 188 on the reserve list for client manager not sure if that's spread across Dundee and Glasgow though. I'm still holding on hope 🤣🤞 positive thinking!

I'm on the reserve for client manager role in Glasgow. been on the reserve list since Mid/end of May.
Reply 3
Hi,

did you get a start date sorted 🤞
Original post by ABmacf
did you get a start date sorted 🤞

Yeah I’ve just started. Have you heard anything?
Reply 5
Yeah I’ve just started. Have you heard anything?

aww amazing 👏 congratulations Hope it all goes well!

nothing yet unfortunately but i hope they start to use the reserve list for client manager after their client advisor campaign 🤞.
Have you heard anything else about reserve lists? I’ve just been successful at interview for jobs that were advertised in June (if I remember correctly - seems a long time ago!) I’m just a bit worried I’ll never get a role given the number of candidates they seem to have in reserve. I’m in Dundee. TIA
Reply 7
no not yet. was it Client manager role you are on the reserve list for?

I seen they just finished a client advisor recruitment and was hoping they will employ more client managers after that but I'm not too sure. not heard any updates.

iv been on the reserve list since end of May. I am in Glasgow.
Yeah, client manager. Shall wait and see. Hopefully you don’t have too long to wait.
Reply 9
I've just been put on reserve list too! Hope its not too long a wait

I applied for client manager role in Dundee office
Have you guys requested your scores for your successful interviews? I’m assuming the better the scores the higher up the reserve list you’ll be?
Reply 11
Original post by wee_bob23
Have you guys requested your scores for your successful interviews? I’m assuming the better the scores the higher up the reserve list you’ll be?

I have emailed today - will let you know if i hear anything :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by wee_bob23

I got 3s for each question. They cant really say much about how big the list is, but it sounds like they will be running another campaign and said we would be offered roles before the next lot of successful candidates!

Hopefully not too long 🙏🏻
Reply 13
I know from the Glasgow Post there are about 160 on the reserve list from the March applications for client manager.
Either of you heard anything yet?
Reply 15
nope nothing yet.
Reply 16
Nope nothing either
Reply 17
anyone heard any updates?

My friend said she heard a few people getting offered roles from the reserve list but to be honest I'm not sure which roles they were for.
Nothing at my end. There’s barely any jobs on the website and normally there are loads. Hoping it’s a good sign they’re going to work off the reserve lists rather than do another round of recruitment.
I just spoke with someone high up in facilities at SSS and she’s says there’s a total freeze on recruitment until the end of the financial year. I don’t know if that just means no new jobs advertised or whether it means no offers to those on the reserve list either 🤷*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending