The Student Room Group

Math A level CIE

Hi, I'm in year 12 and I'm doing the CIE bord. Does anyone have any tips in studying for math A level? When should I start getting A's in my math A levels?
Reply 1
Hello, I didn't do CIE, but do have A-Levels in maths and further maths, and study maths at university. My tip would be you can't really learn maths by highlighting the textbook or by memorising formulae or by watching loads of tutorials, even tho. these can be helpful. I'm convinced the best way to learn maths is to simply solve loads and loads and loads and loads of practice questions, eg. online past papers, textbook questions, ask your teacher for questions, etc.
^That. Maths is a minimum of knowledge (you do need some) and a maximum of application.
Generally student do as well at the end of the year as they did after 6 weeks. So you need to aim for As in all your assessments as you cover more content. If you are only being tested on 20% of the syllabus, how do you expect to do better when you have to juggle 5x as much application?
Reply 3
Original post by j_314159
Hello, I didn't do CIE, but do have A-Levels in maths and further maths, and study maths at university. My tip would be you can't really learn maths by highlighting the textbook or by memorising formulae or by watching loads of tutorials, even tho. these can be helpful. I'm convinced the best way to learn maths is to simply solve loads and loads and loads and loads of practice questions, eg. online past papers, textbook questions, ask your teacher for questions, etc.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by Phys&Math_Ethan
^That. Maths is a minimum of knowledge (you do need some) and a maximum of application.
Generally student do as well at the end of the year as they did after 6 weeks. So you need to aim for As in all your assessments as you cover more content. If you are only being tested on 20% of the syllabus, how do you expect to do better when you have to juggle 5x as much application?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest