The Student Room Group

Failing AS level Maths

Hello, I'm in year 12 doing AS math CIE board. I did my mocks earlier this month and received my mocks results, in which I recieved a U. I have to take my exam on the 2 & 13 May and I really would like to get a B or even a C as I really need this subject for uni. My biggest issue is not with the theory but with application. Any advice on how I could get my grades up quickly or best resources (for applied/stats and pure math)? Thank you all in advance!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by thatavgstudent
Hello, I'm in year 12 doing AS math CIE board. I did my mocks earlier this month and received my mocks results, in which I recieved a U. I have to take my exam on the 2 & 13 May and I really would like to get a B or even a C as I really need this subject for uni. My biggest issue is not with the theory but with application. Any advice on how I could get my grades up quickly or best resources (for applied/stats and pure math)? Thank you all in advance!!

If you understand the theory, then you should be able to use past papers for timed exam practise.
If you need more guidance, there are lots of online sites that help (I am sure you use these in lessons).
Speak to your teachers as they may be able to offer guidance and direct you in a way that bridges the gap between the U and B/C grade. Also, attend Maths clinics for targeted help.
Would any of the Year 13s be willing to offer some tutoring or see if you can get a tutor to help you (but they must be someone who is familiar with the AS Maths course with the CIE board, anything else is a potential waste of your time and money).
Good luck.
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hi, thanks for responding. I don't see the link though. Where can I find it?

Quick Reply

Latest