The Student Room Group

Mazars school leaver audit trainee salary

Hi, i’ve passed the telephone interview at mazars and i’m waiting for a place at the assessment centre. does anyone know the salary/ salary progression for the school leaver trainee? this is in bristol
Reply 1
Original post by emilyc200160
Hi, i’ve passed the telephone interview at mazars and i’m waiting for a place at the assessment centre. does anyone know the salary/ salary progression for the school leaver trainee? this is in bristol

what stage u on now?!?
Reply 2
Original post by ma937
what stage u on now?!?

i just did my assessment centre, waiting to hear back
Reply 3

Do you have any tips i got mine in a couple a days and feel lost!
Reply 4
Original post by ma937
Do you have any tips i got mine in a couple a days and feel lost!

make sure to manage your time well in the case study- you get 45 mins which sounds like a lot but it went so fast! in the group exercise just make sure to contribute- share your own ideas, acknowledge when someone else has a good idea, offer to take notes for the group or be the one who keeps track of the time
everyone is so lovely and the examiners are there to help you not catch you out. it was a lovely experience and didn’t feel stressful at all! the interview was so casual- was like a conversation, the guy wanted to get to know me and cared about my answers, it was much less formal than the telephone one
good luck!!
what are you applying for and what office ?
Reply 5
make sure to manage your time well in the case study- you get 45 mins which sounds like a lot but it went so fast! in the group exercise just make sure to contribute- share your own ideas, acknowledge when someone else has a good idea, offer to take notes for the group or be the one who keeps track of the time
everyone is so lovely and the examiners are there to help you not catch you out. it was a lovely experience and didn’t feel stressful at all! the interview was so casual- was like a conversation, the guy wanted to get to know me and cared about my answers, it was much less formal than the telephone one
good luck!!
what are you applying for and what office ?

Thanks alot that was really useful! The part that tripping me up is the presentation cos idek what to write about and just haven't started so any tips would be really useful. Also is the case study like writing the email or what?
That sounds good hopefully mine seems chill, what was the questions you tripped on or were just confused and didn't know how to answer!
I applied to the audit London office, wbu?
Reply 6
Original post by ma937
Thanks alot that was really useful! The part that tripping me up is the presentation cos idek what to write about and just haven't started so any tips would be really useful. Also is the case study like writing the email or what?
That sounds good hopefully mine seems chill, what was the questions you tripped on or were just confused and didn't know how to answer!
I applied to the audit London office, wbu?

no worries! i applied for audit at the bristol office! all questions were pretty simple- just make sure you really research the company, the qualification and audit. the presentation doesn’t matter too much- i think they just want to see that you have prepared something and are confident in presenting it. just choose one of the topics from the pack they sent you, it can be about anything that interests you. i’m not allowed to go into too much detail as they said we aren’t allowed to share the activities. the case study can be anything, but usually u need to write a report based from data they provide
Reply 7
no worries! i applied for audit at the bristol office! all questions were pretty simple- just make sure you really research the company, the qualification and audit. the presentation doesn’t matter too much- i think they just want to see that you have prepared something and are confident in presenting it. just choose one of the topics from the pack they sent you, it can be about anything that interests you. i’m not allowed to go into too much detail as they said we aren’t allowed to share the activities. the case study can be anything, but usually u need to write a report based from data they provide

Thanks alot! I see it basically the same as the phone call interview but with a professional I guess. I don't know why I'm stressing about the presentation but hoping I don't waffle to be honest, oh I fully forgot about the disclosure agreement I wont hassle you loll 😭. I see that make a lot of sense ill will update you on how it goes!
Have u applied to any other?
Reply 8
Original post by ma937
Thanks alot! I see it basically the same as the phone call interview but with a professional I guess. I don't know why I'm stressing about the presentation but hoping I don't waffle to be honest, oh I fully forgot about the disclosure agreement I wont hassle you loll 😭. I see that make a lot of sense ill will update you on how it goes!
Have u applied to any other?

yeah, thanks! and no just mazars wbu?
Reply 9
yeah, thanks! and no just mazars wbu?

all of the top 10 😭
Reply 10
Original post by ma937
all of the top 10 😭

fair play🤣😭 good luck!
Reply 11
fair play🤣😭 good luck!

Just applying to 1 is risky so want to even my odd lol good luck to you too!
Reply 12
Original post by Sani34
Hi guys, I’m a current mazar employee joined the firm on atrainee programme in 2021, please do drop me message ifyou have any questions. If you want you can put my nameas a refferer as well in your application

Hi, I’m currently in the process of applying for an Audit placement year at Mazar. Is there any advice that you can offer please or any tips to get noticed and stand out ? Any help is appreciated :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Sani34
Hi I say the thing makes u stand out is confidence,
Just make sure you don’t hesitate especially during the group activity in assessment centre try to listen to other, if someone’s is bit quite then make sure you involve them in group chat as well

Thank you so much, I will definitely keep that in mind. fingers crossed I get through the first part.
Reply 14

What type of case studys and numerical tests were in case study
Original post by Sani34
Hi guys, I’m a current mazar employee joined the firm on atrainee programme in 2021, please do drop me message ifyou have any questions. If you want you can put my nameas a refferer as well in your application

Hi,

My year 12 son is interested in finding out more re trainee programmes post A level. What is the best way for him to connect with you.

Thankyou
Reply 16

Hey how was the online video interview like? What were the questions like and how long was it overall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending