The Student Room Group

Mazars school leaver apprenticeship UK.

Hi, this is my first post and I'm quite new to Student room.
Basically, I have been offered a tax role at Mazars but have the choice between tax (where I will be able to achieve a ACA-CTA joint qualification) or audit (where I will be able to achieve a ACA qualification). I have spent hours researching between the two and the benefits, drawback of each etc. I have no idea what to choose.
The problem is, I don't have enough base knowledge on both to know the actual day to day tasks. I know that auditing is more travelling and face to face, whereas tax can be more remote and is more office based. I know auditing has better career opportunities and had more varied progression compared to tax. I also know that tax is more suited to those wanting to create their own firm. I have read varied opinions on which is actually more enjoyable. I'm not sure if I would be the type to want a more office based role or a role with more travelling.
I would greatly appreciate those with experience to give me a bit of advice on what I should consider with the deduction etc and maybe those that have worked at Mazars would be able to tell me a thing or two.
Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending