The Student Room Group

content

Can you learn all of physics paper 1 in 1 night and 1 day? Using the CGP book and past papers?
Original post by suzy23
Can you learn all of physics paper 1 in 1 night and 1 day? Using the CGP book and past papers?

No. A single GCSE is "sized" at about 120 guided learning hours. You don't mention your exam board, so I'm going to assume you'll have two papers. Assuming the topics are equally split between the two papers (and you know which topics will be on paper 1), then its content should take you about 60 hours to learn. That's clearly more than "1 night and 1 day". (Note that "guided" learning implies you're being taught the subject; it may take you longer to learn if you're having to learn independently.)
Original post by DataVenia
No. A single GCSE is "sized" at about 120 guided learning hours. You don't mention your exam board, so I'm going to assume you'll have two papers. Assuming the topics are equally split between the two papers (and you know which topics will be on paper 1), then its content should take you about 60 hours to learn. That's clearly more than "1 night and 1 day". (Note that "guided" learning implies you're being taught the subject; it may take you longer to learn if you're having to learn independently.)

My exam board is AQA I’m just doing paper 1 there are about 4 topics to cover
Original post by suzy23
My exam board is AQA I’m just doing paper 1 there are about 4 topics to cover

AQA Physics GCSE is two papers, with each representing 50% of the full GCSE. Paper 1 covers Energy, Electricity, Particle model of matter, and Atomic structure. Those four subjects take about 60 hours of guided learning, or about 15 hours each.
Original post by DataVenia
AQA Physics GCSE is two papers, with each representing 50% of the full GCSE. Paper 1 covers Energy, Electricity, Particle model of matter, and Atomic structure. Those four subjects take about 60 hours of guided learning, or about 15 hours each.

I’m just doing paper 1 now and then paper 2 next month
Original post by suzy23
I’m just doing paper 1 now and then paper 2 next month

Yes. I get that. Paper 1 is 60 hours of learning. Paper 2 is 60 hours of learning. That's a total of 120 hours of learning.
I’m going to try and pull all nighter tonight and tomorrow and try and get as much content completed as i can

Quick Reply

Latest