The Student Room Group

I don’t know how to revise

Hi all I’m hoping someone can somehow point me in the right direction I’ve been trying many ways and none seem to stick can someone maybe help me out please?
Reply 1
Original post by Dan G 0711
Hi all I’m hoping someone can somehow point me in the right direction I’ve been trying many ways and none seem to stick can someone maybe help me out please?

To understand what ever you want to learn,find a quiet place and again a sacred place with enough air. Sit down for about 10min eyes closed and meditate within that minute. After that tell yourself I have to understand wat I am about to learn😍
Original post by Dan G 0711

Hi
Sometimes in order for things to stick, it doesn't necessarily have to be all to do with the methods you use (even though it's a factor), it could be because of either your mindset or environment. That means if you're not mentally prepared to study (it could be because of a bad/tiring day or because you didn't understand anything that you were taught in lessons) or if you're not in a "study" environment to study either (like your desk is super messy or if there are distractions around you).

You could start off with just jotting down a plan of everything you want to get done within the next few weeks or just making a to-do list. I also recommend that you tidy up your study space (if it isn't tidy already) or take a short break after school to energise yourself before you start studying - I understand that sometimes you might get distractions or you may not have a full study space available to yourself, but don't worry, you will still be able to get everything you need done.

Afterwards, take a piece of paper or a notebook or your laptop and write down/type the topic you're going to study (either as a mindmap or in normal format), then review your notes from class and compare that to any revision guide you may have or a youtube explanation and take any notes you feel relevant. After that refer to your specification and jot down any extra points you need to know. Later, once you're ready you can practice using past papers or pmt or mme revise or any exam-style questions you find. Always mark the questions you do - if it's any essay subject like english or history I recommend this website: https://app.edumentors.co.uk/gcse

I hope I helped and good luck!
Reply 3
I think it 's really good to revise in a number of different ways to get things to stick so I recommend: reading - CPG books I have found to be really good for reading through the topics in a well laid out and easy to digest way, watching: watch a teacher on youtube going over the subject and/or topic you're working on, writing - practice answering questions from books, online or from past papers (especially as you get closer to exams.

I always found www.physicsandmathstutor.com to be really useful and Mr Salles and Primrose kitten are great on youtube.

Avoid having things that can distract you around, decide on a set amount of time that you are going to revise for and what exactly you want to get through in that time. Make a longer term plan - for example are you going to concentrate on one particularly subject this week and go over a lot of it, or do a little bit from several subjects? Are you going to cover three subjects this week, three next week and three the week after? You're starting early so I would try not to stress too much, just have a focused approach and make sure you are understanding whatever you are working on.
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi
Sometimes in order for things to stick, it doesn't necessarily have to be all to do with the methods you use (even though it's a factor), it could be because of either your mindset or environment. That means if you're not mentally prepared to study (it could be because of a bad/tiring day or because you didn't understand anything that you were taught in lessons) or if you're not in a "study" environment to study either (like your desk is super messy or if there are distractions around you).

You could start off with just jotting down a plan of everything you want to get done within the next few weeks or just making a to-do list. I also recommend that you tidy up your study space (if it isn't tidy already) or take a short break after school to energise yourself before you start studying - I understand that sometimes you might get distractions or you may not have a full study space available to yourself, but don't worry, you will still be able to get everything you need done.

Afterwards, take a piece of paper or a notebook or your laptop and write down/type the topic you're going to study (either as a mindmap or in normal format), then review your notes from class and compare that to any revision guide you may have or a youtube explanation and take any notes you feel relevant. After that refer to your specification and jot down any extra points you need to know. Later, once you're ready you can practice using past papers or pmt or mme revise or any exam-style questions you find. Always mark the questions you do - if it's any essay subject like english or history I recommend this website: https://app.edumentors.co.uk/gcse

I hope I helped and good luck!

Thank you very much i shall give this try and let you know how i get on

Quick Reply

Latest