The Student Room Group

T Level Health

Hi everyone!
I'm about to go into my second year of my health T Level and found there wasn't much information about it online before I started so if anyone has any questions about the course then please let me know :smile:
Reply 1
Hi! I'm starting T-level health this year I was wondering if there's anything you think I should know or any advice you could give as I am very nervous but excited to start the course. And if there are any resources that are useful if you could link them to me I would really appreciate it! Thanks :3
Original post by slaylem
Hi! I'm starting T-level health this year I was wondering if there's anything you think I should know or any advice you could give as I am very nervous but excited to start the course. And if there are any resources that are useful if you could link them to me I would really appreciate it! Thanks :3

Hi!
The course is honestly really good if you want to go into healthcare but the first year can kind of drag at times because it is a lot of theory whereas the second year is more practical but it does build on the first year theory. The main thing I recommend it to take well written and clear notes so that you can revise from them easily and just make flashcards off of them - I found there was no point rewriting my notes because my "pretty" notes would end up longer than my class notes due to the amount of content. Definitely revise using questions. https://www.ncfe.org.uk/qualification-search/qualification-detail/t-level-technical-qualification-in-health-level-3-delivered-by-ncfe-1644 This link will take you to were you can see the past papers but I wouldn't rely on the paper B exams too much as the science specification has been changed for this September to make it more medically focused. There are not many other resources online as the course is so new. Also have a set time each week to revise the previous weeks content to make the workload more manageable. You will have a paper A exam (healthcare theory), paper B exam (science) and an employer set project (coursework but spread over 2 weeks in exam conditions). The ESP may seem daunting at first and I was very nervous going into it but it will get better with time. Finally, throw yourself into placement, ask loads of questions and do your best to be noticed as it will help you if you apply to a job at your placement location in the future. I know this is quite long but I really hope it helps and helps you to feel less nervous about starting. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you so much this is really helpful! :3
Original post by Nora12345678910
Hi everyone!
I'm about to go into my second year of my health T Level and found there wasn't much information about it online before I started so if anyone has any questions about the course then please let me know :smile:
Hi, I find watching videos is really helpful when revising but I can’t find any videos on t level 3 health? Do you know where I can find any?
Hi everyone!

Hi I’m doing my second year as a t-level in health, I’m really struggling to find materials for my upcoming exams, do you have any links or videos I could watch?
Original post by 18lmorriss
Hi, I find watching videos is really helpful when revising but I can’t find any videos on t level 3 health? Do you know where I can find any?

Hi, unfortunately the only ones I have been able to find are the ones posted by NCFE themselves. These detail what you should expect in each exam. I really struggled with this aswell and even considered setting up my own channel because it frustrated me so much 🤣 I think this is the main problem with this course as there are few revision materials and past papers will not be of use as the written papers are different this year. I'll have another scour of the internet to see if I can find anything but unfortunately I think the answer is that there are no videos to revise from.
Original post by tegsali2023
Hi I’m doing my second year as a t-level in health, I’m really struggling to find materials for my upcoming exams, do you have any links or videos I could watch?

Hi, one website I find useful is the NCFE website (T Level Technical Qualification in Health (Level 3) (Delivered By NCFE) | NCFE). Under support materials and assessment materials you can find samples of what the exams are like. However, there are quite a few errors in these documents which I have discovered through using them during mocks at my college. This is a recurring theme for NCFE though 🤣 Again, I have not found any videos to support revision so I recommend going over your notes and ensuring you know how to use all of the assessment tools correctly. For this you can search on youtube for videos on how to complete these assessments, sometimes they are called OSCEs. Here is an example: Vital Signs Measurement | OSCE Guide | Observations | NEWS2 Chart | UKMLA | CPSA (youtube.com). Just search how to complete ... Hope this helps
Original post by tegsali2023

Hi, pretty much the same as the above answer. I recommend searching on youtube how to complete each clinical tool such as body maps and NEWS2. Search "OSCE NEWS2" and you'll find practical videos showing how to complete the observations etc. Other than this, there are really no more resources which is the unfortunate thing about being on a new course. I did write a much more detailed response but it's currently being reviewed so it might pop up soon.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Hi everyone!

Hi im currently in my first year at college studying t levels health and social care and I just wanted to know are the exams hard? Because I've got my exams next month and im stressing cuz I feel like I don't know enough. I don't know about you but science comes with it so we will have some science exams as well and like I have my employer set project next month and i just wanted to know are the health and social t level exams difficult?
Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending