The Student Room Group

Warwick, UCL or Durham for Maths

Hi guys, 2023 Bsc Maths applicant here. I have got the standard offer for Warwick, and I am pretty sure Durham and UCL will accept me as I got 3A*s along with A* in epq + good teacher's reference and ps. I am not sure which one should I go, because Warwick has a higher ranking in maths, but UCL and Durham has higher rankings overall. I prefer Coventry the most as an area, and Warwick's course seemed the most attractive. However, I am worried that Warwick's job prospects might not be as good as UCL or Durham.
Reply 1
Original post by annieelhm
Hi guys, 2023 Bsc Maths applicant here. I have got the standard offer for Warwick, and I am pretty sure Durham and UCL will accept me as I got 3A*s along with A* in epq + good teacher's reference and ps. I am not sure which one should I go, because Warwick has a higher ranking in maths, but UCL and Durham has higher rankings overall. I prefer Coventry the most as an area, and Warwick's course seemed the most attractive. However, I am worried that Warwick's job prospects might not be as good as UCL or Durham.

UCL does have the location advantage for networking etc so thats something to consider, its more of an indirect advantage than anything though. Warwick has (somewhat) better career prospects than Durham (aside for Law) so I wouldn't worry about that
Does not matter Warwick or UCL , will always get a job in the city later if you went to Warwick. Durhams good but a bit snooty

Quick Reply

Latest