The Student Room Group

Other career prospects apart from pharmacist.

Greetings all,

I am in my first year of pharmacy, and I chose the subject because I like the content.

However, I am not interested in its direct roles of being a pharmacist.

I am more interested in using the degree to go into patent law, nuclear pharmacy, or possibly going into regulatory affairs - all of which are compatible with the MPharm degree.

Is it possible for me to do this?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Fck_Itz_Ash
Greetings all,

I am in my first year of pharmacy, and I chose the subject because I like the content.

I am more interested in using the degree to go into patent law, nuclear pharmacy, or possibly going into regulatory affairs - all of which are compatible with the MPharm degree.

Thanks

Does anyone know anything regarding this?
Reply 2
You can do PG Law with any initial degree - and yes you could then go into a 'medicine' related area of Law.
Law, Medicine and Healthcare LLM - 2024/25 entry - Courses - University of Liverpool
LLM Healthcare Regulations | University of Law

Have a look at the jobs advertised in the area you want to work in - what experience / quals do they say they want?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You can do PG Law with any initial degree - and yes you could then go into a 'medicine' related area of Law.
Law, Medicine and Healthcare LLM - 2024/25 entry - Courses - University of Liverpool
LLM Healthcare Regulations | University of Law

Have a look at the jobs advertised in the area you want to work in - what experience / quals do they say they want?

Thank you - I shall look into this
Reply 4
Original post by Fck_Itz_Ash
Greetings all,

Thanks

I have found some more information regarding industrial pharmacy.

How does one get into that field? Would GSK summer placements be the best route into this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending