The Student Room Group

History A-level content

How are people revising and consolidating history content? I feel like we have so much and we are still learning loads. If anyone has any techniques that I can incoperate into my busy week would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by beapbloop23
How are people revising and consolidating history content? I feel like we have so much and we are still learning loads. If anyone has any techniques that I can incoperate into my busy week would be much appreciated!

I'm not sure if we are doing the same specific course (I do Edexcel - "Britain: Losing and gaining an Empire", American History and Indian History), but I typically tend to just read through the specification a few times, write it down and plan for different themes or topics that could come up.

A project myself and a friend took up some time in year 12 was to write down the entire textbook, but in a drive folder that split the sections into its relevant headings. For example, under the American History folder were separate documents for Society and Culture in Change, Fighting for Civil Rights, A change in the Political Environment, etc.

We wouldn't literally re-type the entire textbook, only taking down relevant notes and surrounding context - a broader understanding of the course is better than a focused understanding on 1 section of it!

I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest