The Student Room Group

Law with french law interview at oxford

Hi,
I received an invitation to interview at New college for law with french law and was wondering if any segment of my interview will be in french and if there's any clear way to prepare?
any other interview tips would be hugely appreciated, I'm not really sure where to start with prep :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mnd29
Hi,
I received an invitation to interview at New college for law with french law and was wondering if any segment of my interview will be in french and if there's any clear way to prepare?
any other interview tips would be hugely appreciated, I'm not really sure where to start with prep :smile:

Hi,
applying to French and Greek at Oxford and from what I have heard, part of the interview will take place in your target language
you'll have 2 20 minute law interviews then 1 10 minute French one. they just asked me what books I'd read in French then what I thought I'd enjoy/find difficult about studying in France
Reply 3
Original post by Username123ab
you'll have 2 20 minute law interviews then 1 10 minute French one. they just asked me what books I'd read in French then what I thought I'd enjoy/find difficult about studying in France

tysm thats super useful - is there a list anywhere of practice questions for the french bit or is it easy enough to wing it
Original post by mnd29
tysm thats super useful - is there a list anywhere of practice questions for the french bit or is it easy enough to wing it

I'd say it's easy enough to wing it but you could maybe ask your French teacher to do a mock interview with you, that's what happened when I was applying. They're not expecting you to be fully fluent though, I had to ask the interviewer to repeat one question about three times and still wasn't sure what she was asking but I still got in lol
Reply 5
Original post by Username123ab
I'd say it's easy enough to wing it but you could maybe ask your French teacher to do a mock interview with you, that's what happened when I was applying. They're not expecting you to be fully fluent though, I had to ask the interviewer to repeat one question about three times and still wasn't sure what she was asking but I still got in lol

thank you - do you have any suggested questions, i can’t seem to find any online anywhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending