The Student Room Group

Oxford College

Can you change a college at Oxford after being invited for an interview? Or is that something you can do after interviews? Or is it not possible at all? Thanks.
It is generally only in exceptional circumstances.
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
It is generally only in exceptional circumstances.

Can you give me some examples, please?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Can you give me some examples, please?

An exceptional circumstance would be if the interviews were in-person in Oxford and you're a wheelchair user, but your college is not wheelchair-accessible
You can’t generally change the college that you’ve been assigned to be interviewed at, no.
Reply 5
What I mean is that I don’t want to go to the college I’ve chosen… So I was wondering if I can change it before the interviews even start?
What I mean is that I don’t want to go to the college I’ve chosen… So I was wondering if I can change it before the interviews even start?

:nah: Not possible, I'm afraid. You might be pooled post-interview so it's not that any potential post-interview offer will definitely come from the college you've chosen :nah:
Original post by Anonymous

Generally no as above I gather, although I believe a) many courses interview applicants at two colleges (and you may be given an offer by either) and b) I think there is some facility where other colleges might consider a student who was a strong applicant but edged out by competition, albeit I believe this is much less formalised than the Cambridge pooling system. So there is a possibility you may be made an offer by another college (not of your choosing) anyway.

But you can't substitute the college choice on UCAS for another one after applying I believe. But equally realistically, is the college you applied to really such a deal breaker that you would potentially turn down an offer at Oxford because you were at the one college? To a point the colleges are, I gather, glorified halls of residence with some additional functions, and tend to be more similar than different on the whole.

No, that isn’t an exceptional circumstance.
Reply 9
Thank you all. I appreciate your replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending